Player Sponsorship 2015 Nakia Cockatoo Sponsorship - PRIZE DRAW PUBLISHED

Remove this Banner Ad

302298-ae85e58e-7939-11e4-a0f0-f6e11a4d80ae.jpg

BigFooty Cats fans,

As a board, for nine years as official player sponsor of Travis Varcoe we rode the rollercoaster alongside him - starting when we hopped on board the no. 15 draft pick before he even pulled on the hoops. We were there during the moments of glory and the moments of pain. We were there for the highs - 130 senior games, 138 goals, two AFL premierships, Australia International Rules representation, VFL premership and preseason premiership. But we also stuck by him during the lows - serious foot and shoulder injuries, lack of confidence, lack of form. Few would suggest the ride wasn't worthwhile.

But like all things, our time with Travis Varcoe has come to an end. It is time for something new.

From 2015, we join with the Geelong Football Club in backing Nakia Cockatoo.

Wally Gallio, AFLNT: "He's pretty versatile. He does his homework and he looks after himself really well, he prides himself on working hard on his skills and training hard and being a student of the game. He's very coachable because of all that work he does, he wants to make sure he understands exactly how the coach wants him to play. He's the sort of kid who is always looking out for his family and his mates, he couldn't play in the nationals becuase of his foot injury but he supported the other players and spoke up in team meetings and said 'you blokes need to do this and this,' and ran water and helped in any way he could. He started back training at the end of June and that was modified until August, but he's done everything right with his rehab and he's in good shape now. I think he'll test well, his fitness is looking pretty good. He's a utility type player who could play forward, back or on a wing, and he loves the competitive stuff. At a pinch you could almost play him on a tallish forward and get him running off them. He respects people and is just a really mannered, good kid."

As co-sponsors over many years, Jim Boy and I invite you to become part of the official player sponsor of Nakia Cockatoo in 2015 through BigFooty and give yourself a great chance at winning some unique prizes.

Payment details
Cockatoo falls within the 'Academy' bracket, which this year puts his sponsorship $1,730.00. Please note that this is at a significant discount to the value of Varcoe's sponsorship in recent years, so there will be fewer stakes required in 2015. As usual BigFooty will be putting in the first $200.

The minimum pledge is once again $50.

Pledges are now closed.

Prize details
Every $50 payment is effectively another chance in the draw, however only one prize will be awarded to any single person. These prizes are for you - if you can't use them, or give them to a family member or friend, then please consider the other people who are contributing and I will reallocate them. The reallocation of prizes will be conducted in the most practical way (but hopefully will not be required). We are not eligible for any prizes. The prize winner list will be posted on BigFooty once finalised.

Unless you otherwise specify, the prize draw will be conducted in the following order:
  1. Two (2) tickets to the Geelong Cats Season Launch at Simonds Stadium (Friday 27 March), seated with your player and invitation to attend a pre-Season Launch function exclusive to player sponsors and players
  2. A 2015 Geelong Cats Guernsey signed by Nakia Cockatoo
  3. One (1) Premiership membership: guaranteed option to purchase a Grand Final ticket should the Cats compete
  4. One (1) Geelong Cats Adult Home 11 Membership
  5. Inner sanctum experience at an open training session with your sponsored player
  6. BONUS: Access for two (2) people to watch the players warm up on one occasion at a selected Simonds Stadium game (pre-game only)
  7. A personalised (signed) welcome letter from your player
  8. Your business or individual name on your player’s locker
If your prize preference differs from the above list, send Jim Boy and I your preferred list via PM when you pay your pledge.

This draw will take place a couple of days after all payments are received and the club has been paid.

Other benefits
As a collective, BigFooty.com will receive on behalf of our board:
  1. Recognition on the Geelong Cats website
  2. Its business name or logo to appear alongside Nakia Cockatoo on the big screen on match day at Simonds Stadium
  3. Recognition of its sponsorship in the Cats Insider magazine
Sponsors tag
Everyone who pledges will get a Cockatoo 15 banner and a warm fuzzy feeling of knowing they are helping the club.

Important Dates:
Season Launch - Friday 27 March, Captains' Room, Simonds Stadium
Exclusive sponsors training session - TBC

Please post general questions in this thread.

If you want to keep it private, PM either Jim Boy or SJ.

Go Cats!

Last edited:

Not that it matters, but did we get the exclusive rights sponsorship here or is it split with another party. I know there was mention of it earlier in the old thread.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never sponsored TV.

Count me in for $50. This kid excites me!
You and me both. So much so that I'm prepared to throw in another $50 if we're struggling for numbers. Don't see it being an issue though.

Reserve the signed jumper for me too SJ, it's about time I won one of these prizes on offer. ;)

Count me in for $50

Piss off SOG….its my turn…..:cool:

BTW…I'm in…..despite copping a hiding from the Varcoe bashers because of it. Happy to support the club in this way, being so far away.

We're neck and neck mate. i aint got bupkis either…. Gotta hit something one day im sure… gotta be in it to win it!

Go Catters

I'm in again mate.

Juat in time as well since last years has just expired so I'm getting bloody ads now
I'm new to this, this eliminates the ads?

Now I'm definitely in, was going to pay to get rid of them anyway!

I'm new to this, this eliminates the ads?

Now I'm definitely in, was going to pay to get rid of them anyway!
The sponsorship also covers a platinum membership, so no ads :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back