Player Sponsorship 2015 player sponsorships

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see what other people who have pledged money think in regards to this. Should we go for a 6th player this year ? or should we maintain a larger pool of money making it easier to keep our 5 players going forward ?

I was going to chip in some more this year because we are pretty close to getting that 6th.

If we are going to only just scrape in, it might be practical to just keep it with the 5. The costs to sponsor players increases incrementally each year so it's not inconceivable that we might not have enough next year if one or two people decide not to pledge and the costs go up. It would be pretty sad if we had to drop a player because of this. As great as it sounds to go for 6, it might just be a bit too far for this year.

By the way, people, having had a good think about the whole sixth player or not discussion since last night, I've come to the conclusion we're best off playing it conservatively this year. We'll stick with five.

Unless I could be confident of, say, $800 just materialising out of nowhere, it just leaves us too little a war chest for 2016. The prospect of having to drop a player is not one I'd like to contemplate, and moreover, given how much people are already contributing, I would under no circumstances ask or probably even accept anyone upping their existing pledges.

If other people still want to pledge for this year, you can- but it will go into the 2016 kitty, on top of the $410 we are currently at. And you'll be still be recognised as a 2015 donor, too.

By the way, people, having had a good think about the whole sixth player or not discussion since last night, I've come to the conclusion we're best off playing it conservatively this year. We'll stick with five.

Unless I could be confident of, say, $800 just materialising out of nowhere, it just leaves us too little a war chest for 2016. The prospect of having to drop a player is not one I'd like to contemplate, and moreover, given how much people are already contributing, I would under no circumstances ask or probably even accept anyone upping their existing pledges.

If other people still want to pledge for this year, you can- but it will go into the 2016 kitty, on top of the $410 we are currently at. And you'll be still be recognised as a 2015 donor, too.
Good move IMO

Of course, you may well lose a player regardless.

C'mon fodzilla, what is the exchange rate these days between the british pound and the aussie dollar....about 50c....so if you chipped in $100 it would only cost you $50 ;):p

Last edited:
Loonerty
Harlequin
BigJoeD

Your money has arrived safely.

I have another amount of $100 sitting in my account that doesn't yet have transactions details available. I'll confirm as soon as it's clear who it belongs to.

AS OF 23/02/15
Left over from 2014- $485- PAID
BigFooty contribution- $200- PAID
Maddog39- $100- PAID
Beerfish- $100- PAID
Loonerty- $50- PAID
Jade- $100- PAID
scezza- $100- PAID
Shermy- $50- PAID
TheHurleyBird- $100- PAID
VelvetSledge- $50- PAID
Rebellya- $150- PAID
daz17- $100- PAID
yaco55- $50- PAID
spartanwa- $50- PAID
Duckworth- $50- PAID
CourtzMajora- $100- PAID
jmoo1- $50- PAID
mike14- $100- PAID
IriDiuM- $100- PAID
bgt2110- $100- PAID
Jack Package- $50- PAID
table tennis- $100- PAID
zackah- $100- PAID
Childish Gambino- $100- PAID
Lord Nicholson- $150- PAID
The Dustbin- $50- PAID
BigJoeD- $100- PAID
Harlequin- $200- PAID
boncer34- $100- PAID
BomberFan355- $50- PAID
GandalfTheDon- $100- PAID
bombre-boy- $100- PAID
biglaycock- $100- PAID
Dave- $100- PAID
DonsRule- $25- PAID
telsa1962- $50- PAID
Romm- $50- PAID
Doss- $125- PAID
DapperDon- $100- PAID
Essendonia- $50- PAID
mad_monkey_j- $25- PAID
jaguaress- $100- PAID
Nifft- $100- PAID
Donakebab- $50

TOTAL: $4260

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool.

There is $100 sitting there now with details available tomorrow. Similarly there is $50 sitting there, not yet clearly identified.
Was going to put "real name is a w***er". But then that could come from anyone of us. lol

Cool.

There is $100 sitting there now with details available tomorrow. Similarly there is $50 sitting there, not yet clearly identified.

That hundsy is probably mine, I used one of my other accounts to send it through a few hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back