List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're talking pick plus player, based on your parameters, the only one in our team yesterday I can think of is Taylor Garner. Lachlan Hansen is the other one that's been thrown about on our board as potential trade bait.
I wouldn't mind getting first pick + Lachlan Hansen. I would be all over that.

Why's Lachlan Hansen suddenly become trade-bait? I always considered him one of the better defenders in the competition, although I haven't watched him too closely as of late.

I wouldn't mind getting first pick + Lachlan Hansen. I would be all over that.

Why's Lachlan Hansen suddenly become trade-bait? I always considered him one of the better defenders in the competition, although I haven't watched him too closely as of late.
Lachie is an elite mark and reader of the play. Elite runner too.
He however is slow and when the ball hits the deck he has been shithouse particularly of late.
Coming off double hip surgery in the pre season so he is still trying to find his feet this year.
He can be exposed when he is forced to play one on one particularly against a stronger opponent.

No room for Mason Cox at the Pies long term??

If there happy with Witts and Grundy and maybe bringing in Kruezer.
We should make a reasonable play for the big American.

Been kicking goals in almost every match and kicked 5 a couple weeks ago in the VFL at 211cm his a big lad.
Could be a handy back up to Nicholls if needed.
Seems to be talented or maybe too big at full forward!!

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-14/pies-undecided-on-kreuz

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...-performance-for-magpies-20150822-gj5fjh.html

He has been playing forward

Rocket all but a week ago said we wont be recruiting players over the age of 27 , so far we have been linked to every available player over the age of 30.

Rocket all but a week ago said we wont be recruiting players over the age of 27
I'm positive he was talking about players we're wanting to invest in, not players who would be brought in as depth or as future coaches.

We'd obviously target players like Howe, Suckling, etc - all within the age bracket we want. But recruiting Stevie J or Stokes as a senior figure to act as a player/coach won't change that.

I don't think we keep him on the list, although it's more an indictment on the club's administration that it is too hard for them as he should have been sorted out well before this. If he's not traded he could be making his way to Carlton in the PSD.

Damaged goods gets a discount - without damage he is a #3 pick + player, the discount is around pick #7 -#12 in my mind, although the market will dictate this.
Absolutely, to give up on a player and throw him away for someone else to fix is just s**t management. The kid loves the club and the message being sent is we care about you until it becomes too hard.

Personally I think the rumors are true that he was gone anyway and the club just used this as a convenient excuse.

As for opposition posters talking his value down on this thread, give it up would you, it's not like we are going to turn around and say Gee your right he's damaged and as so worth a 2nd rounder. He is elite, we know it, you know it and enough list managers know it to ensure a fair deal is done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for opposition posters talking his value down on this thread, give it up would you, it's not like we are going to turn around and say Gee your right he's damaged and as so worth a 2nd rounder. He is elite, we know it, you know it and enough list managers know it to ensure a fair deal is done.

I doubt it will get to that. There'll be a middle ground between his obvious elite status and that he's essentially a "dumped" player.

A first rounder will come your way, what is to be added will be relative to the finish of the club he chooses. Bottom eight, it'll be the pick. Anything higher, the fringe player or pick will get better.

Sake of the argument, he chooses North and or Hawthorn (I've got an inkling he's waiting on a club in finals, just a gut feel, no proof) and either get to a prelim I daresay the Hawks would be able to find a player you'd like but North would probably have to dip into next years picks to nail it. I wouldn't be adverse to sending two years first rounders. The gamble is if he mucks up we've mortgaged our future at a time we'll have an aging list exodus. If he settles we've made off like bandits.

I'm gonna be watching the saga with great interest though.

Would our 1st this year (pick 12) and next years 2nd pick be enough for Bennell and your 2nd this year?
Keep in mind that next years draft is supposed to be alot deeper than this years.
IMO Bennell will go to the Hawks or us.
I cant see what the Hawks could offer that we couldnt though.

No room for Mason Cox at the Pies long term??

If there happy with Witts and Grundy and maybe bringing in Kruezer.
We should make a reasonable play for the big American.

Been kicking goals in almost every match and kicked 5 a couple weeks ago in the VFL at 211cm his a big lad.
Could be a handy back up to Nicholls if needed.
Seems to be talented or maybe too big at full forward!!

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-14/pies-undecided-on-kreuz

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...-performance-for-magpies-20150822-gj5fjh.html
Nice pick-up. You should be a recruiter for the Suns. :p

Out of interest Jay Clark (Heraldsun) was just asked about a rumour regarding O'Meara leaving the suns for a Melbourne club. Any word on him as what would he be worth in your eyes if a club tried to make a trade? I was thinking a 1st and 2nd rounder?? Thoughts??

Would our 1st this year (pick 12) and next years 2nd pick be enough for Bennell and your 2nd this year?
Keep in mind that next years draft is supposed to be alot deeper than this years.
IMO Bennell will go to the Hawks or us.
I cant see what the Hawks could offer that we couldnt though.

Personally I think that a mid 1st round pick straight up for Harley will be about the mark unless there is some kind of bidding war. So pick 12 is realistic atm.

Not enough for on-field talent but we all have to accept that there are off-field questions that will drive some form of discount.

A late first round alone would not be enough (Hawks would need to include something else surely).
Can't see a club with a top 10 pick willing to do a straight up deal either.

The Tiges are probably in the box seat if they want to go down that road since they have an earlier pick than those still in the finals who might be sniffing around.

The Dogs don't need Harley since they have outside run galore, Port is chasing Dicko, Geelong is after everyone else, GWS don't need/want him, the Pies are after Treloar, and the Saints are either looking hard at Carlisle or will stick with the draft plan.

He probably fits the Demons best of all the Melbourne clubs but pick 6 is a big big ask for a rebuilding team. The Suns would realistically have to throw in something else and we do have plenty of picks to trade including an end of 1st round pick.

Interesting time ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back