List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Vandemonxx 64 posts have all been in the Suns Theads trolling our off season.
he's not trolling, just seems overly obsessed with poaching all of our players. if he loves them all so much why doesn't he just ditch the dees and support us instead? what do you say VanDemonxx ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys

Sorry to intrude but we have been discussing Zac Smith over on the Geelong board and I was hoping to get more insight into his health.
Is Zac a classic case of 'injury prone', or is it more the case he simply lacks consistency to take that next step?

For such a talented junior, why can't he crack the no.1 ruck role at Gold Coast?

Hi guys

Sorry to intrude but we have been discussing Zac Smith over on the Geelong board and I was hoping to get more insight into his health.
Is Zac a classic case of 'injury prone', or is it more the case he simply lacks consistency to take that next step?

For such a talented junior, why can't he crack the no.1 ruck role at Gold Coast?
As far as I'm aware it's more the case he simply lacks consistency to take that next step. I don't really think he's much more or less injury prone than Nicholls, our no.1 ruck

The twittersphere tonight mentioning a rumour about Buddy in a Carey like incident at the Swans. KT may want a trade out if it is true?

But there's dozens of Buddy rumours at the moment so probably just lies & innuendo.

The twittersphere tonight mentioning a rumour about Buddy in a Carey like incident at the Swans. KT may want a trade out if it is true?

But there's dozens of Buddy rumours at the moment so probably just lies & innuendo.

Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story!

The guy is under huge scrutiny and living in a new city away from his mates that he has known since a boy of 18 years old. Forget about the money as the bloke is human and derves some space.

I hope we don't get KT

Thought in 2012 toward the end he was going to come good, but he hasn't really impressed me in his time at the Swans.

With Nicholls being #1 Ruckman & Peter wright just 2 years away from being the 2nd Ruck that can play foward allowing you guys the ability to play both wouldnt it make more sense to draft/trade for a Ruckman thats happy to play reserves but is reasonably good enough to step up for 5-6 games a year and is insurance for injury ?

images

Can we interest you in Shaun Hampson, Wont break the bank and could be exactly the type you need for 2 years

With Nicholls being #1 Ruckman & Peter wright just 2 years away from being the 2nd Ruck that can play foward allowing you guys the ability to play both wouldnt it make more sense to draft/trade for a Ruckman thats happy to play reserves but is reasonably good enough to step up for 5-6 games a year and is insurance for injury ?

images

Can we interest you in Shaun Hampson, Wont break the bank and could be exactly the type you need for 2 years
If he's that good why don't you keep him lol

Hi guys

He played 20+ games this year, so it's not injury prone. He didn't get selected because of these issues he has:

1) Inability to play forward (or anywhere else). Must play at least 80% as the ruck to be effective.
2) Lacks agro. Zac is an extremely sweet guy, very nice. Unfortunately, it's the case when he crosses the line as well. He doesn't thirst for the contest, doesn't get dirty. He gets pushed and shoved out without giving a yelp. Simply, he's an athletic guy playing the ruck.
3) Lacks confidence. When he's on and clearly dominating his opponent, his confidence goes up and he becomes a fantastic ruck. Unfortunately when he starts getting beaten (which happens now that other rucks have figured him out), he dives into his shell and becomes a shadow of who he normally is. Drops uncontested marks, doesn't get involved in the play, etc. Related to point 2, he lacks the aggression to push back and get his confidence up.
4) Lack of follow-up work. When the ball hits the ground, he will wait for his midfielders to get it (unless it bounces in his direction). The good rucks will dive on the ground to try and get it out to their mids.

images

Would rather play Brooksby than this spud!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back