2016 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends how he goes over pre season
He needs to build up a greater tank, and look to have more impact around the ground
If capable, a Naitanui/Gov ruck duo serves a lot more purpose than having Sinclair in the team
I agree it would serve more purpose, but I don't think McGovern is up to it physically, but next year it will be Lycett anyway in place of Sinclair

Some people here are extremely trigger happy when it comes to getting rid of players. Lecras and Darling on thin ice? Lecras will be top 5 or 6 in our B&F this year and Darling is coming off a serious long term injury. Don't write them off purely because they had one bad game. They are both guns and will be extremely important next year for our flag tilt

Can't wait to see how we go next year with EMac and Brown back. The rest of the competition should be quaking in their boots!

B: Hurn, MacKenzie, Schofield
HB: Wellingham, Brown, Sheppard
C: Gaff, Priddis, Jetta
Hf: Hill, McGovern, Darling
F: Cripps, Kennedy, LeCras
R: Natanui, Yeo, Shuey
I: Sinclair, Redden, Duggan, Nelson
E: Butler, Sheed, Hutchings

I know Redden and Jetta aren't at the club and may not get here.
I think Duggan is better than Sheed and don't think you can have Priddis, Sheed and Hutchings in the same side.
Masten was MIA in my side because generally he is MIA in games, don't go off amount of disposals, I don't think his decision making is that good.
Just my opinion, if we all had the same opinion life would be boring.

FB: Scofield Emac Hurn

HB: Wellingham brown Sheppard

C: Gaff Priddis jetta

HF: darling Kennedy masten

FF Cripps McGovern Lecras

R: NicNat Shuey yeo

INT: Duggan sheed redden nelson

Emg:lycett lamb waterman

McGovern does the back up ruck role as Sinclair has been traded for jetta and Selwood compo gets the job done for redden. Natanui will have to lift his minutes nexr year to go tadem with gov so would like to sèe them pick their games well and give him a spell once a month or somethi and give lycett a run to keep him fresh. Very decent cover in lycett so might as well use him a bit more. McGoverns cover is McInnes if he needs a week's rest.

Last edited:
LBP Sheppard FB Emac RBP Hurn
LHB Wellingham CHB Schofield RHB Ellis
C Gaff C Priddis C Jetta
LHF Hill CHF Darling RHF McGovern
LFP Cripps FF Kennedy RFP Lecras
Followers NN Shuey Redden
Inter Lycett Rosa Sheed Masten

Emergencies Bennell Duggan Hutchings

I really think Sinclair kicked himself out of the team with that grand final performance. Hopefully we can get Jetta and Redden for the right price. I love Hutchings but Jed Clampert is right you cannot have them all in the same team. I really hope Newman can push Masten out of the team because of Mastens horrible kick accuracy. Cannot wait to see McGovern go forward. This I believe is the best team without injuries which there are a lot of. I will also be glad to see the sub rule gone.

B: Sheppard Mackenzie Hurn
HB: Wellingham Brown Schofield
C: Gaff Priddis Masten
HF: Jetta McGovern Darling
F: Lecras Kennedy Cripps
R: Naitanui Shuey Yeo
I: Lycett Duggan Sheed Ellis

I think that the zone will evolve as in the long run (and in the GF) it doesn't really work. Emac and Brown to come back in to address this as everyone should remember that the zone wasn't Simmos original plan and he only did it because of our defenders going down.

Jetta comes in as it's widely accepted that we get him and you wouldn't pick him up to play him in the wafl.

Our lord and saviour Duggan returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B: Sheppard McKenzie Hurn
HB: Wellingham Brown Schofield
C: Gaff Priddis Yeo
HF: McGovern Darling Hill
FF: Lecras Kennedy Cripps
R: Natanui Shuey Sheed
Int: Sinclair Redden Duggan Jetta

Emg: Masten Hutchings Butler

Next in line: Rosa, Ellis, Nelson, Lamb, Lucas, Bennell

Sheppard Mackenzie Nelson
Wellingham Schofield Hurn
Duggan Priddis Gaff
Yeo Kennedy Darling
Cripps McGovern Le Cras
Naitanui Sheed Shuey

I: Sinclair Masten Rosa Hill Hutchings Ellis

Italicised players are subject to drafted/traded recruits.

Plenty of run and marking power in the forward line.

Duggan will be a starting player, make no mistake.

Brown can fight his way back. Nelson will be very handy next year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duggan is on the brink of something big. The dude will be running around in pre-season training photo's with his top off and a Ben Cousins-esque rig and will tear the track up. He will lead the league in inside 50's next year.

Our lord and saviour Duggan returns.

128911.jpg

Based on hypothetical trade targets:

Sheppard McKenzie Nelson
Wellingham Schofield Hurn
Gaff Priddis Jetta
Lamb McGovern LeCras
Darling Kennedy Cripps
Naitanui Yeo Shuey

Lycett Duggan Redden Sheed

That's a flag right there.

How on earth are people considering Gov in the ruck? Can someone explain how this could possibly work? He'll be killed. He's a backman IMO and a bloody good one!
a) Simpson has quoted McGovern as saying he sees himself as a forward/ruckman

b) A backline of Mackenzie, Schofield and McGovern is too tall, and our team would be better balanced with Schofield as second KPD and McGovern as second KPF.

c) I kind of think McGovern's impact in the backline was overstated. He's a gun, don't get me wrong, but him being in the backline wasn't the reason our backline performed so well this season - it was the structures and the fact that every single defender did their bit.

d) I believe elite contested marking in the forward line is more valuable than it is in the backline.

The only question mark for me when it comes to McGovern as a forward is whether he has the agility required to compete as a modern key forward. His best assets are his ability to read the play and his strong marking, but both were helped this season by the fact that he often floated loose. That's less likely to happen if he's playing up forward, hence he might have fewer chances unless he can conjure up some JK-esque gut running and strong leads. He's tall but not a monster KPF who can get by on size, so he's going to have make his own opportunities.

Sheppard Mackenzie Wellingham
Hurn Schofield McGovern
Gaff Priddis Rosa
Darling McInnes Lecras
Cripps Kennedy Newman

NN Shuey Duggan
Sheed Masten Nelson Sinclair

Not thinking Yeo is up to it next year Marlin?
Your side is pretty close to the mark though, Yeo in midfield to replace Duggan who goes to the bench, Nelson or Masten gone and Hill stays for me. If rumours are true Jetta to the wing for Rosa.

Not thinking Yeo is up to it next year Marlin?
Your side is pretty close to the mark though, Yeo in midfield to replace Duggan who goes to the bench, Nelson or Masten gone and Hill stays for me. If rumours are true Jetta to the wing for Rosa.

Ahhhhhhhh far out. I always forget someone.

Obviously Yeo in. Rosa to the bench, Masten out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back