2016 Rising Stars Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically it's a popularity contest awarded to the most hyped player.
For this reason I reckon Weitering had it won before the season started.

Rather just have a round by round voting system.

Think the only way he doesn't win it from here is if the shoulder gives him a bit of trouble and they tuck him in for early surgery.

If he plays 18-19 games at the standard he's set he'll rightfully take it out in a canter

I can not believe McLean 16 has not been nominated.

Playing in the 4th best side averaging 19 touches 5 Marks and kicked 10 goals in 7 Games...

Now as for the last 2 nominees wow 1 good game and bang..... Friken joke

I can not believe McLean 16 has not been nominated.

Playing in the 4th best side averaging 19 touches 5 Marks and kicked 10 goals in 7 Games...

Now as for the last 2 nominees wow 1 good game and bang..... Friken joke

To be fair Acres game was massive and Harmses had put in several solid performances.

McLean isn't the only unlucky one either Fantasia and Byrne-Jones have both been excellent and are yet to be nominated

Darcy Byrnes-jones is going to be nominated at some stage. Has been rock solid week in week out since coming in and if you go to footy wire rising stars and look at averages you will find he will be 5th in disposals , 4th in rebound 50s , 5 in bounces , 1st in SuperCoach score , 1st in effective disposals , and 2nd in effective disposal % and in or around the top ten for a bunch of other stats.

Will be overlooked as he isn't flashy. But while these other young kids rack up 25 possies games once a while to get a nod darcy will be a rock week in week out.

McLean probably next cab off the rank for a nod when he has another good game. When darcy eventually gets a nod I expect a fair few calls for why did he get picked over another player because they're not aware he has been runner up in the nom just about every week.

This reward lost it's credibility when good old zach merret didnt even get a vote a few years back lez be real
No, it lost its cred when Libba didn't even get a nomination and should have won the award overall.

Then the infamous lewy Taylor over the Bont fiasco.

A dud award all round.

No, it lost its cred when Libba didn't even get a nomination and should have won the award overall.

A dud award all round.

I don't think its a dud award all round - it gets people excited about their youngsters and advocating for their talent. Even if the voting system at the end is a bit questionable it serves a purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think its a dud award all round - it gets people excited about their youngsters and advocating for their talent. Even if the voting system at the end is a bit questionable it serves a purpose.

...and that purpose is to screw the Dogs. :D

A dud award all round.

Libba was great in 2011 and definitely should have received a nomination, nowhere near beating Heppell or Shuey for the overall award.

As much as i would love to see Weitering win it, i think Petracca has to be the favourite at the moment and gonna be hard to beat, unless the panel use the whole KPP excuse again.

As much as i would love to see Weitering win it, i think Petracca has to be the favourite at the moment and gonna be hard to beat, unless the panel use the whole KPP excuse again.
Still sore Hogan won last year i see

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Fantasia is eligible and averaging 25 disposals so far this year. If he gets 25 disposals today he'll go close to getting it, especially after 29 disposals and a goal last week.

Fantasia is getting a game only because of the situation the clubs in.

He would not get a game for the bulldogs vfl side

Fantasia is getting a game only because of the situation the clubs in.

He would not get a game for the bulldogs vfl side
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back