2016 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I'm still not really seeing how we are going to fill our team with the cheaper rookies, at this point I don't think as many will get games as people think and there are a few guys borderline with very iffy JS. My expensive rookies team is still in action at this stage. Gives me only 12 keepers plus Libba and Sheridan but at least I'll have rookies who are playing.

At this stage, who are people confident will get games in the under 150k range? I don't have many i'd be willing to bet on right now
DEF: Brown, Hartley
MID: Gresham
FWD: Kerridge, Petracca (inj?)

More will pop up no doubt but I don't see the abundance that others do at this point.

I'm willing to pick George "Bec&Lleyton" Hewett over Mills if he plays in round 1, he plays a more SC friendly game and is at the low, low price of 123k.

I'm willing to pick George "Bec&Lleyton" Hewett over Mills if he plays in round 1, he plays a more SC friendly game and is at the low, low price of 123k.
Shhh, please man! :p

@FantasyFreako @WarnieDT Suns Swallow on to LTI list soon, expect Darcy MacPherson to be upgraded and push for selection. #RocketsLoveChild
$102k. That is all.

:cool::cool::cool:

Does anyone have any intel on the status of Petracca and how he is tracking?

Will he play R1 or be a downgrade option and play a few games in the VFL first early in the season to build tank?

When do you think though?

Reckon will miss enough to leave him out early and downgrade to?

I'll be leaving him out for Rd1 at this stage

At best he's an early rookie cash grab
At worst i dont use him at all

Reports from Dees track watchers are very doubtful for Rd1
However some have eternal hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talked to Petracca last night, reckons he'll be playing round 1 definitely.

Said he'd also bag 12 goals too so maybe a C option for everyone to look at.

Joaquin-Phoenix_OMG_zpsb01lslz0.gif

:cool:

Does anyone have any intel on the status of Petracca and how he is tracking?

Will he play R1 or be a downgrade option and play a few games in the VFL first early in the season to build tank?
Would be very surprised if he played Round 1. Won't play any NAB Challenge by the sounds of it. I'd expect Roosy to give him a run at Casey first.

Depending on what structure the Hawks want to go with Kaiden Brand might be in with a shot for an extended run early. Won't score highly, but who will at that price in that position.

Depending on what structure the Hawks want to go with Kaiden Brand might be in with a shot for an extended run early. Won't score highly, but who will at that price in that position.

Hawks rookies are a risky option.

Where's J Rose at? Sounded like he was due to get games.

Played one quarter (as sub) in 2015 for 3 goals and 36 SC points against GWS, he then got the call up for the elimination final loss against North so he did well to force his way in the team.

I think there are 2 spots available up forward with Goodes going out and one of the high half forwards Lloyd/Cunningham playing further upfield to cover Jetta. Dean Towers will most likely cement 1 spot but the other is up for grabs.

He was in the squad for the last NAB cup game against Port but didn't make the final 24. Horse instead went for Hewett/Dawson, if he plays these two ahead of Rose (he may also look at Papley) in the next NAB game his Round 1 chances probably don't look good.

Other than that he needs a haircut :)

Played one quarter (as sub) in 2015 for 3 goals and 36 SC points against GWS, he then got the call up for the elimination final loss against North so he did well to force his way in the team.

I think there are 2 spots available up forward with Goodes going out and one of the high half forwards Lloyd/Cunningham playing further upfield to cover Jetta. Dean Towers will most likely cement 1 spot but the other is up for grabs.

He was in the squad for the last NAB cup game against Port but didn't make the final 24. Horse instead went for Hewett/Dawson, if he plays these two ahead of Rose (he may also look at Papley) in the next NAB game his Round 1 chances probably don't look good.

Other than that he needs a haircut :)
Cheers, oh well George is our man and Rose could be a nice upgrade target.

@FantasyFreako @WarnieDT Suns Swallow on to LTI list soon, expect Darcy MacPherson to be upgraded and push for selection. #RocketsLoveChild
From what I hear it's 50/50 between MacPherson & Davis as to who gets upgraded. Good thing they are both 102K. Learn a lot in seeing how they go against a strong Eagles team this weekend.

Edit: Also will get a look at Fiorini as well. He's been on my radar for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back