Opinion 2017 Draft Discussion - Pick 3 - Poll added

Who we are likely to take at Pick 3 .......

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Here come Oakleigh

Good to see I'm not the only one concerned about his usage.
Both of you can watch more footage, instead of picking one game and using it as a body evidence.

He's not the most natural action, but he's well above average for getting the ball where it needs to be. I linked a clip from last week's final to show what he can do.

If he's there at #3, we shouldn't hesitate.

EDIT: here, cc Cripps17

Last edited:

I liked Andrew Brayshaw at the Champs. I thought he was the cleanest ball handler and a neat kick but maybe a tad one paced.

He has been the cleanest ball handler again today from both games imo. Clean, smart and knuckled down when the heat was on. Will be rising on my list.
One paced? The kid is quick from what I've seen.

Good to see I'm not the only one concerned about his usage.

Short game is really poor, misses way too many targets for my liking.

Here come Oakleigh

Both of you can watch more footage, instead of picking one game and using it as a body evidence.

He's not the most natural action, but he's well above average for getting the ball where it needs to be. I linked a clip from last week's final to show what he can do.

Not in the top 5 for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here come Oakleigh

I've seen more than one game.
Pressumptuous of you to think otherwise

This is why I would not mind finishing last next year.
If we finish last in 2018, our club is in a s**t load of strife as is Brendan Bolton.

Despite winning one less game this season than last season, our performances were more consistent over this season, even after many had predicted a bottom of the ladder finish for us.

Any backward step next season would indicate that our rebuild/reset has failed & would destroy any thoughts of becoming a destination club any time soon.

Watching the WAFL prelim today got me thinking about Liam Ryan. I know there were massive concerns about his running capabilities last year but after the year he has just had he would have to be a certainty to be drafted this year. His talent is undeniable.

Interested in the views of our avid draft watchers like Arr0w LemmingMaster The Smoking Gun or anyone else who follows the draft of where he is likely to fall? Also Kelly from South Freo?

Bonar looking a tiny bit flat but still toughing it out impressively with a limited fitness base; will probably look better as the game goes on.
Clark and Bonar having a bit of fun down the wing on the counter attack. Bonar's not far behind Clark for top speed.
LDU and Bonar getting a little involved now, resulting in an almost contested mark dead in front to Bonar, then a stoppage at the same spot as the mark isn't paid.
I know you're a big Bonar fan Jimmae, but I've seen precious little over the last 2 weeks that would make me want to draft him with any pick.

The kid I really liked in this game was Bailey Williams for next year. Pity the coaching staff ran him into the ground in the first half.

I liked Andrew Brayshaw at the Champs. I thought he was the cleanest ball handler and a neat kick but maybe a tad one paced.

He has been the cleanest ball handler again today from both games imo. Clean, smart and knuckled down when the heat was on. Will be rising on my list.
Yes he is one-paced......bloody quick!!!

Honestly we should tank next year. Pick 1 will be a JET!
You will get a "Jet" next year with any of the first 6-8 picks. Of all the people on this board you know that.

People say he is a late/rookie selection, madness. Wish we had a mid 2nd rounder, Roughsedge is a top 10 player, when fit and injury free
Yes, but he's not fit yet is he??? The thing I do like about him is that he incrementally continues to improve every week. Had big 3rd Qtr last week and a huge 3rd Qtr this week that brought the Chargers storming back into the game. Considering where he's coming back from with no fitness base, to average 25-30 disposals at around 75-80% efficiency is outstanding. Having said that, I think clubs will still be cautious when estimating his potential upside, which is why I think he'll be taken at a later pick.....in Navy Blue I hope.

I know you're a big Bonar fan Jimmae, but I've seen precious little over the last 2 weeks that would make me want to draft him with any pick.

The kid I really liked in this game was Bailey Williams for next year. Pity the coaching staff ran him into the ground in the first half.
I think it was inevitable that Bonar faded given his likely fitness levels, and I'm hoping that means he's still in a draft range that we can trade into easily. That said, there's still the combine, and he might test highly and raise his stocks again, who knows.

Bailey Williams' high intensity work was impressive, but when the best option was to jog to position, he didn't seem to have the lower body strength to maintain a smooth stride to make it easier on his body to do so. He needs a lot of conditioning work and running training, or he'll fizzle out pretty quickly if he makes it to AFL level.

How does one pronounce hyphen?

is it Davey's You-knee-ack, as the commentators are suggesting?

I'd go with Davey's Ooo-nigh-a-key myself!
I'm really not sure what you're saying...

I would pronounce it high fen.

Back