Votes: 48 10.4%
  • Brayden Fiorini(GC)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Wayne Milera(ADEL)

Votes: 20 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's amusing to see how quickly and emphatically you try to slap down any comment that isn't in line with your narrative.

Actually, I was pointing out the inconsistencies in your own narrative, dear Lance.

Your claim that McGrath has been 'more spectacular than Burton' this season, doesn't appear to be backed by anything other than your own rhetoric.

I mean: Coaches votes, teams of the week, Overall individual RS stats in pretty well every category.

But you keep on downplaying every independent measure there is, that doesn't accord with your own non-parochial, objective opinion.

You're such a cutie-pie Mr Uppercut.

Actually, I was pointing out the inconsistencies in your own narrative, dear Lance.

Your claim that McGrath has been 'more spectacular than Burton' this season, doesn't appear to be backed by anything other than your own rhetoric.

I mean: Coaches votes, teams of the week, Overall individual RS stats in pretty well every category.

But you keep on downplaying every independent measure there is, that doesn't accord with your own non-parochial, objective opinion.

You're such a cutie-pie Mr Uppercut.
It's entirely my own opinion. Nothing more nothing less. And it's a biased opinion to boot because I naturally get more excited watching him than I do Burton. As is the case with you in reverse *shrugs*

I don't feel the need to try to justify it with disingenuous measurements and I'm completely fine with you or anyone disagreeing with me, because it's fundamentally subjective. That's the point

No. No he is not. Good player and consistent bit no star.
No star hahahahah. You just cannot understand the game. It is just impossible that you actually know about football. He is a gun just a smooth mover with extreme speed, who not only wins his own ball but beats his opponent in the meantime. You will look the fool in a few but that probably doesn't matter because you do already!!

Think he means that while McGrath has been good, his best performances haven't been as good / eye catching as Burton's.

From what we've seen this year, Burton should have McGrath covered pretty easily. I've actually got SPP 2nd this year... has been a contested machine
SPP is the best no question in my mind. The other two guys play the easiest position in the game HBF. SPP plays as a bone fide inside midfielder and wins a ton of contested possessions. He is doing it against the best players in the game. Just not given the kudos for this in an era ridiculously obsessed with stats!

SPP is the best no question in my mind. The other two guys play the easiest position in the game HBF. SPP plays as a bone fide inside midfielder and wins a ton of contested possessions. He is doing it against the best players in the game. Just not given the kudos for this in an era ridiculously obsessed with stats!
So what ur saying is nobody but an inside mid can win the rising star? Burtons been in the best more, had more influence on games, Will finish in the top 3/4 of hawthorns best and fairest, and is probably in the top 20 for defenders this year. I wouldn't think Powell pepper would be in the top 50 mids

So Corey Enright was an average player made to look good in the easiest position in the game?

Whilst I respect SPP is a very good player he is not in the same conversation as KPP which are very difficult to find.Eg.Hipwood,Curnow,Burton.Granted good midfielders are hard to find but KPP are extremely hard to find.Spp wouldn't be in the top 30 or 40 midfielders in the comp,the other 3 would be in their position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup. It's burtons to lose now.

SPP and McGrath snapping at his heels.

Still a long way to go though..
From left field.

I believe that there should be 2 awards. The Rising Star in its current format and the Rookie of the year where only year 1 players are eligible. Could be times where one player wins both. However I would be happy seeing Burton win the rising star award and McGrath win the rookie award this year. The current set up means that the Rising star award is not a level playing field. The Rookie award could be named after someone who had a great season in year 1 in the past which culminated in a premiership.

AFL 360 made a powerful case for SPP last night. Very strong stuff. And in an award voted on by the media I wouldn't discount the impact that kind of campaign could have.

Frankly, I tend to agree. SPP could very easily be called the RS winner and be extremely well-deserved

Media attention will play a huge role in who the eventual winner is.

That said the goldfish attention span of the media/voters will likely mean it just goes to whoever has the best last few weeks.

From left field.

I believe that there should be 2 awards. The Rising Star in its current format and the Rookie of the year where only year 1 players are eligible. Could be times where one player wins both. However I would be happy seeing Burton win the rising star award and McGrath win the rookie award this year. The current set up means that the Rising star award is not a level playing field. The Rookie award could be named after someone who had a great season in year 1 in the past which culminated in a premiership.
This is spot on. Tippa would have won in a landslide last year.

SPP (45%) leading at the moment. Playing midfield in a team that can finish 4th.
Burton (25%) and McGrath (20%) chasing.
10% chance someone else.
Charlie Curnow's last month has been very good but has had a fair few quite games earlier in the season that i think will hold him back when selectors vote.

SPP (45%) leading at the moment. Playing midfield in a team that can finish 4th.
10% chance someone else.
Charlie Curnow's last month has been very good but has had a fair few quite games earlier in the season that i think will hold him back when selectors vote.
Yeah na.

I would argue that Burton has been a star in a backline under siege at times this year.

Not to mention the kid has not had Frawley,Stratton,Birchall to give him a chop out.

All bias aside It's Burtons award to lose and I think SPP will come second.

Yeah na.

I would argue that Burton has been a star in a backline under siege at times this year.

Not to mention the kid has not had Frawley,Stratton,Birchall to give him a chop out.

All bias aside It's Burtons award to lose and I think SPP will come second.

Those players out have helped Burton shine.

IMO Burton is ahead of SPP. He has been more consistent. I also think that McGrath still has a chance of winning it.

10% chance someone else.
What do these percentages mean?

Those players out have helped Burton shine.

IMO Burton is ahead of SPP. He has been more consistent. I also think that McGrath still has a chance of winning it.
Yes he has been good while those blokes have been out but he also could have been playing the role we have him earmarked for, that of a goalkicking foward and in the bigger picture a big bodied midfielder.

I agree with you.

1. burton
2. SPP
3. McGrath/ A couple of others if they have a good last 7 weeks.

Back