Prediction 2022 Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 54 - Richmond - Jaiden Magor - 184cm/75kg

Magor is a talented medium forward/midfielder with plenty of X-factor, a high footy IQ and possesses an innate ability around goals. He's particularly strong in a one on one contest, able to read the flight of the ball early and use his strength to push his opponent under the ball. What makes him standout is that he can do it at ground level also and is able to pull off some incredible snaps. In the midfield he's strong at clearances, clean by hand and reads it well off the ruckman's hands. It's also not uncommon to see him bursting out of stoppages and shaking off an opponent with strength.

Was among South Australia’s best in the opening match of the National Championships against the Allies before injury curtailed his representative year. Was a prolific ball winner at under-18s level for South Adelaide, averaging 22 disposals in 10 matches. He also was dangerous up forward, kicking 23 goals for the year. His endurance was highlighted during testing at the Draft Combine, recording 6:42 for the 2km run.

The Tigers are in need of KPP's, particularly with an aging list profile - however, at this stage of the draft, there are none of any particular note. Probably would prefer to see if any emerge for the mid season draft.
Bastard... Blast...stole my pick.

Pick 55 - Carlton - Harry Rowston

Height: 182cm
Weight: 78kg
D.O.B: 12-08-2004

Inside mid capable of pushing forward to kick goals. Also in the GWS academy but I'm pretty sure they don't have any picks left to match. Averaged 23 touches for the Allies and won their MVP. Averaged 26 in 3 games for Calder Cannons in the NAB league.

Gone for best available as after my earlier picks I think we're covered list profile wise.

ferrisb you're up.

Sorry for the holdup...

Pick 57 - Freo select Blake Drury

Small midfielder that will probably need to find another role at AFL level.

He has been playing as a small forward in his U18 season, pinch hitting in the midfield.

At AFL level, he could find a spot as a high half forward or even off the HBF. Could be a versatile Liam Baker type.

Has strong leadership credentials, clean hands and decent footy IQ.

Won't be a superstar, but could be a decent role player.

A little birdy gave me a suggestion at this pick, but I am going to gamble that he's available at my next pick..... starts sweating

Last edited:
Pick 58 - Essendon - Jason Gillbee

As I posted before, I’m using these picks to round out the list with runners. Gillbee is a running machine suited to wing and half back. Has outstanding endurance and it shows on match day, has a great work rate on the field and can accumulate a lot of the ball.

Bletch

Pick 58 - Essendon - Jason Gillbee

As I posted before, I’m using these picks to round out the list with runners. Gillbee is a running machine suited to wing and half back. Has outstanding endurance and it shows on match day, has a great work rate on the field and can accumulate a lot of the ball.

Bletch

Nice upside

Curse you ferrisb , had been watching Drury for about 10 picks, hoping he'd get to me as another Oakleigh Charger to match the two I already have. Figured you go for some WA talent left on the board. Oh well.
Same, I like Drury

Ok, in the real draft, I don't think the Suns will take a 3rd pick, but that's no fun, so a bit of a punt...

(bid) Pick 59 - Gold Coast Suns - Shadeau Brain

Crafty small forward to fill a hole left by Rankine. And a local, so less likely to bugger off.

TENACIOUS - he's on Brissy's Academy list. Match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, in the real draft, I don't think the Suns will take a 3rd pick, but that's no fun, so a bit of a punt...

Crafty small forward to fill a hole left by Rankine. And a local, so less likely to bugger off.

Free to match, will just cost their list space (and thus, last pick).

Also, SHADEAUBRAIN:

We will match..

Bletch

Pick 62 - Freo select Joe Richards

One from left field....

This kid is 22yo and has been playing local footy (Ovens and Murray league) since his U18 year.

In real life I'm not sure I'd have the cohones to draft him in the national draft, I'd probably try to pick him up as a rookie or SSP player.

But in the 60s, I'm looking for a diamond in the rough and this kid's got a bunch of elite attributes for this stage of the draft.

He was invited to the Vic draft combine, with rumours Sydney and Geelong are interested. He tested top 3 in standing and running jump (Vic, not national combine) but I'm struggling to see his other results.

Hard to gauge how good he really is given he's playing local footy, but from what I've seen... He's got a great burst of speed, good agility, great awareness of where his teammates are and kicks to advantage.

He's real handy around goals, which is where he is likely to start at AFL level. Best case scenario, he becomes a Charlie Cameron / Michael Walters type. Deadly around goals, strong mark for size, but also able to accumulate the ball.

I think he could also be tried as an Adam Saadesque HBF with run, flair, neat skills, leap and strong in the air. Of course Adam has one thing Joe doesn't.... A great big bushy beard!!!

This is a high risk, high reward type selection. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get drafted. But bet your life I'll remind of this if he does end up making it!!!

That's Freo done.
32. Lemmey (KPF)
42. Van Es (KPD)
57. Durry (undersized mid)
62. Richards (lotto ticket speedster)

That haul completely goes against my usual drafting style and is more boom/bust than the WA mining industry. But there ya go.

Over to my cross-town rival, Arr0w .

At pick 46 and Hawthorn's last pick I'll take Fergus Greene from Box Hill Hawks, VFL.

187cm/75kg, the former Bulldog (2018-2020) has played for Box Hill over the last 2 seasons. Averaging over 3 goals a game and being the second leading goal kicker in VFL this year.

I'm eager to give Greene another shot on an AFL list considering there are no other draftees still on the board who I'm overly keen on.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back