Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 7 Trades - the every rookie out edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts? Possibly McGrath to Docherty, Wilmot to Cincotta. Still have a lot of players to cull McKenna, Worpel, Ginbey, Chandler, Poo, potentially Kozzi and Jones.

1682606225811.png

What do we think the 'rookie rankings' are this week?

I have it something like this - any suggestions/feedback from those in the know? I've already got Cincotta, so thinking Mitchell and either Angwin or Johnson if I choose to double downgrade (but next week probably feels like a better week for a double downgrade)

B: Cincotta (238k/-11) - Seems good for 60 at a minimum, potentially more. Kept his spot with Saad & Doch back a +. Knocks are long term j/s if he has a bad game & role in the rebound with Doch & Saad back

C+: Mitchell (280k/-15) - Two solid scores the positive, negatives long term j/s with DGB & Scrimshaw not selected, higher cost to acquire

C: Sheldrick (200k/23) - Price is good, scoring friendly style, probably the strongest 'player' of the bunch. Negatives Sydney's record with rooks, squad depth, potential role, and can afford to wait a week

C: Humphrey (319k/22) - Can potentially afford to wait a week, but j/s seems good now and potentially getting a run in the midfield.

C-: Angwin (222k/3) - The enigma of the bunch, was always going to be a project post-draft but now third season and bulked up. Unsure on his j/s, not a fantasy friendly role & wet weather forecast this week. Can afford to wait another week

C-: Johnson (240k/7) - Seems like a 45-50 guy despite his pedigree & receiving opportunity in the role. I'm a little more confident on him that the numbers suggest, but they don't paint a good story. Shaky j/s given the performances thus far.

C-: Simpson (353k/16) - Priced 260k below his 72 from the weekend, but the concern is both is he a 72 guy long term, and will he keep his spot?

D+: Sturt (237k/6) - Doesn't seem to have a scoring friendly game irrespective of impact.

D+: Weddle (266k/31) - Wait and see this week, but could be one to jump on next week.

D-: Williams (268k/11) - A victim of Ken, solid player, does his role, but when there's a cooked Jonas needing to return, someone has to make way. Sub game hurts the cash gen.

Not worth it, yet: Lord, Young, Jones, Ramsden

----

Spooked a bit about Fiorini now too given the teamsheet. Thinking either double downgrade, or play it safe with the upgrade. Is Mitchell clearly the best rookie for j/s, scoring & therefore cash gen? If I go Wilmot -> Angwin, I can get Sicily/Sinclair/Mills/Neale/Newcombe for Rivers, if I go Sheldrick I can add either Bazlenka or Treloar.

If I get Mitchell, it limits the Rivers move to Redman, Baker, Whitfield, Macpherson, De Goey, McCluggage, Rowell, Dangerfield (or Perryman/Fiorini). Which I don't love as much at all.

What do we think the 'rookie rankings' are this week?

I have it something like this - any suggestions/feedback from those in the know? I've already got Cincotta, so thinking Mitchell and either Angwin or Johnson if I choose to double downgrade (but next week probably feels like a better week for a double downgrade)

B: Cincotta (238k/-11) - Seems good for 60 at a minimum, potentially more. Kept his spot with Saad & Doch back a +. Knocks are long term j/s if he has a bad game & role in the rebound with Doch & Saad back

C+: Mitchell (280k/-15) - Two solid scores the positive, negatives long term j/s with DGB & Scrimshaw not selected, higher cost to acquire

C: Sheldrick (200k/23) - Price is good, scoring friendly style, probably the strongest 'player' of the bunch. Negatives Sydney's record with rooks, squad depth, potential role, and can afford to wait a week

C: Humphrey (319k/22) - Can potentially afford to wait a week, but j/s seems good now and potentially getting a run in the midfield.

C-: Angwin (222k/3) - The enigma of the bunch, was always going to be a project post-draft but now third season and bulked up. Unsure on his j/s, not a fantasy friendly role & wet weather forecast this week. Can afford to wait another week

C-: Johnson (240k/7) - Seems like a 45-50 guy despite his pedigree & receiving opportunity in the role. I'm a little more confident on him that the numbers suggest, but they don't paint a good story. Shaky j/s given the performances thus far.

C-: Simpson (353k/16) - Priced 260k below his 72 from the weekend, but the concern is both is he a 72 guy long term, and will he keep his spot?

D+: Sturt (237k/6) - Doesn't seem to have a scoring friendly game irrespective of impact.

D+: Weddle (266k/31) - Wait and see this week, but could be one to jump on next week.

D-: Williams (268k/11) - A victim of Ken, solid player, does his role, but when there's a cooked Jonas needing to return, someone has to make way. Sub game hurts the cash gen.

Not worth it, yet: Lord, Young, Jones, Ramsden

----

Spooked a bit about Fiorini now too given the teamsheet. Thinking either double downgrade, or play it safe with the upgrade. Is Mitchell clearly the best rookie for j/s, scoring & therefore cash gen? If I go Wilmot -> Angwin, I can get Sicily/Sinclair/Mills/Neale/Newcombe for Rivers, if I go Sheldrick I can add either Bazlenka or Treloar.

If I get Mitchell, it limits the Rivers move to Redman, Baker, Whitfield, Macpherson, De Goey, McCluggage, Rowell, Dangerfield (or Perryman/Fiorini). Which I don't love as much at all.
Angwin + Sicily/Sinclair looks good
A betting man would go Sheldrick and bank for the next move
Sic/Sinc likely top 6 in their line. Mills/Neale need a change in team process
Newc is a betting man top 7-10 mid at best

What the * do we do with laird?
IMO have to hold Laird ....I traded Day, however each time you trade an injured player, it sets back your team upgrading

So, eventually you have to hold the 1-weeker

Probably Hollands given the width of Optus.

Wish I punted Mackenzie last week instead of Hollands.
Has me stumped, need to trade either Hollands or Ginbey for W Day. Fielding the one that doesn't go out.
Hollands likely to make a tiny bit more cash and could score okayish like you say on Optus but Ginbey however is good for a 65 minimum...

Mackenzie -> Cincotta locked in as the first move for the week. Absolutely stumped as to what the second move should be though, not really liking any upgrade targets bar Stewart but can't get a rookie up to him. Right now I'm looking at one of the following options, but none really excite me.

Roberts -> Angwin (fixes up a red dot)
Wilmot -> S.Mitchell (gets the cash gen this week, but still don't rate his JS with Scrimshaw sitting there as an EMG)
McGrath -> Stewart (gets rid of a failed mid-pricer)
Ginbey -> Rachele (rookie off the field for a potential Top 10 forward on form)

Don't normally like the double downgrade but might be the play this week.

Mitchell or Sheldrick & 80k?

Sheldricks numbers are pretty tasty in the 2nds - does he come in like for like for roberts?

1682639028149.png

Mackenzie -> Cincotta locked in as the first move for the week. Absolutely stumped as to what the second move should be though, not really liking any upgrade targets bar Stewart but can't get a rookie up to him. Right now I'm looking at one of the following options, but none really excite me.

Roberts -> Angwin (fixes up a red dot)
Wilmot -> S.Mitchell (gets the cash gen this week, but still don't rate his JS with Scrimshaw sitting there as an EMG)
McGrath -> Stewart (gets rid of a failed mid-pricer)
Ginbey -> Rachele (rookie off the field for a potential Top 10 forward on form)

Don't normally like the double downgrade but might be the play this week.
I toyed with 3 & 4 but went option 2. MacKenzie>Sheldrick to bank cash for proper upgrade next week.
In your case Wilmot>Angwin. Nothing wrong with 3 though. Luxury call.

1682641253387.png

335k in the bank.

All week I had looked at Ginbey & Hollands to Day and Fiorini. Now I am a bit spooked by Fiorini on extended bench.

Thinking now its probably best to cash in Wilmot and bring in Day.

With Laird a potential late out I would like slightly better cover on the bench.

Wilmot & Davey to Day & Mitchell (36k). Means I can have either Ginbey/Cincotta as cover for Laird. Assuming Cowan is not the sub I can loop Mitchell as well.
1682641609370.png

Could also use DPP to shuffle Sheezel back and bring in Angwin/Sheldrick instead.

Is it better to trade Davey now since he is maxed out and not fieldable over others like Ginbey/Hollands who are generally good for a 60 and have some minor cash to make? Happy Wilmot is one of my two trades.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

335k in the bank.

All week I had looked at Ginbey & Hollands to Day and Fiorini. Now I am a bit spooked by Fiorini on extended bench.

Thinking now its probably best to cash in Wilmot and bring in Day.

With Laird a potential late out I would like slightly better cover on the bench.

Wilmot & Davey to Day & Mitchell (36k). Means I can have either Ginbey/Cincotta as cover for Laird. Assuming Cowan is not the sub I can loop Mitchell as well.

Could also use DPP to shuffle Sheezel back and bring in Angwin/Sheldrick instead.

Is it better to trade Davey now since he is maxed out and not fieldable over others like Ginbey/Hollands who are generally good for a 60 and have some minor cash to make? Happy Wilmot is one of my two trades.

Thoughts?
I wish I had your problems.
Yes go for the cash gen. Fiorini v Ginbey for points = both a big risk

Do not mind this at all. Or am i better off trading a Wilmot down to a rookie and then going LDU for Taranto?

1682643611109.png

OK ....just up till today ....LDU, Laird, and Touk out of my midfield .....and it's only Friday

View attachment 1672317
I genuinely feel your pain mate - this season is so effed.

Had bad seasons before, but 6, possibly 7 forced trades/holds but lose points in the first 6 weeks of trades, is beyond diabolical.

If you somehow manage to keep going, I'll keep plugging on too.

Solidarity sister!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back