Autopsy 2023 Rd 13 Another loss. Devoid of headline material

Remove this Banner Ad

Sacking Voss won’t change anything.
This club is ****ed.

Even a new board will just be another group of ****en useless powerbrokers and legends thinking with a 90’s mentality.

Get the AFL to take over. I don’t see any other way.

Game plan certainly changed.

Unfortunately it just meant we found a new way to disappoint. To still kick a measly score. To still struggle to stop a run from the opposition.

Essendon played 1 quarter of footy and it was still well and truly enough to put them out of reach for us.
Game has plan changed, missing some important playing area’s across all lines, our fundamental standards of the game are one of the many problems, players skills and decision making are a problem but the overall system, game plan, team structures & methods in the way we play across the board are not at the standards for modern day footy…

Next week is one of those Queensland Carlton Coach Killing Machines, all incarnations of Bears, Lions and Suns have devoured a Carlton coach in the past. Is the great irony of Queensland's only Premiership Captain about to be dethroned by the upstart Coasters going to actually happen????
Stay turn as Carlton are about to eat one of their own......
If we get flogged by the GC in Melbourne no one's surviving until Monday

Sacking Voss won’t change anything.
This club is ****ed.

Even a new board will just be another group of *en useless powerbrokers and legends thinking with a 90’s mentality.

Get the AFL to take over. I don’t see any other way.

Sacking Voss in isolation will do nothing, I agree.

And might be time for the afl to step in, but they usually only do it when a side is struggling financially which we no longer are.

We are just a football club run by morons who don’t understand football.

Answer me this. Before the first bounce, who would you say had the potential to cause us more concerns.. Wright or Weideman?
Wait don't answer that because the answer is clearly obvious.
So why on earth did we have Young on Wright and refuse to make the change and move our best defender to their best forward when things started to go south? .
Curnow keeps Merrett to 8 possessions to half time. So why does he not line up on him after half-time (even if Merrett goes forward)?
It's stuff like that.. it blows my mind. We can't get the fundamentals right with skill execution. We can't get the fundamentals right in the coaching box.

Anyone having a go at Voss epitomises people who are the problem with this club.

The structures he had in place tonight gave us a chance to win. There was improvement to the pace we moved the ball which they clearly worked on during the week also.

16 behinds. Can't hit targets going inside 50. That was the issue.

Tonight was a 50/50 game. Should've been decided by less than a goal.
Our defensive structure was good? ARE YOU BLIND?

The logic of those still suggesting Voss can't be sacked:

Yep, he's doing an awful job, week after week he's shown to be without insight or ideas, but nah, keep him on.

I want the players to not get their own way by getting another coach sacked absolving them of blame.

That was my main reason to keep Voss.

I however realise that the players won’t be getting away with it this time, regardless of what happens to Voss. They have failed big time under 3 coaches, and there will be big changes and aside from half a dozen, anyone else who doesn’t want to be there the club will happily facilitate to get them out.

The players won’t be getting a coach they want, tail wagging the dog era is over. This playing group are losers and deserve no say in any appointment, they have burnt any right to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It didn’t change, it was a repeat of the season so far.

We score 40-50 points a game with the most dysfunctional forward line possibly ever.
It absolutely did. Played on at all costs, kicked into the middle of the ground.

Was absolutely different.

The logic of those still suggesting Voss can't be sacked:

Yep, he's doing an awful job, week after week he's shown to be without insight or ideas, but nah, keep him on.
He can be sacked, of course he can.

I’m in favour of sackings! SACK EVERY campaigner! NOW!

Nothing would bring me more joy than to have everyone in that building removed Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the players to not get their own way by getting another coach sacked absolving them of blame.

That was my main reason to keep Voss.

I however realise that the players won’t be getting away with it this time, regardless of what happens to Voss. They have failed big time under 3 coaches, and there will be big changes and aside from half a dozen, anyone else who doesn’t want to be there the club will happily facilitate to get them out.

The players won’t be getting a coach they want, tail wagging the dog era is over. This playing group are losers and deserve no say in any appointment, they have burnt any right to that.
Can’t help but think when Voss spoke of long term in the press conference today he was referring moving people on and bringing new players in.

If the club leadership has buy in that Voss can deliver, then players who can’t play to his system will be moved on.

And to be brutally honest, this in accurate kicking has been around for a lot longer than Voss.

This is on the players.

What happened in the off season for us to be producing this drivel week after week....Were the players too busy 'learning ' the new catastrophic game plan that they couldn't put enough time into their basic kicking skills ?
In our final ( fateful ) game of the season last year we kicked 8 goals in the third quarter against Collingwood who missed out by a kick from making the Grand Final.
We can't even kick eight goals in a game lately !

Do you play cunners this week or wait till after the bye? Maybe in as sub?

I reckon I'd wait, but the dude was absolutely cruising today (in a 'this level is a walk in the park' kind of way). Admittedly, he only played 35-40% game time in the third qtr I reckon, but at 3qtr time he looked the same as when I walked past him pre-game (I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not!). I think they may have held him back for the final qtr, bc pretty sure he played 100% of the fourth and had 10 and a goal or something like that.

I'm confident he'll get his contract even on the back of his VFL form and with our season done, there's no rush to bring him in. If they consider him match fit though, no reason not to.

* me we have some soft supporters

Yes this is is hard and ugly, but grow some balls. We have to keep working through this s**t because you just drown in it.

The list is a lot better than where we are atm. This season unfortunately is looking done, so let’s start on next year.

You do you come to this conclusion? This list has only proved, they peaked last year at 9th...

Window dressing different, slightly maybe. We still structured up the same, meaning our entries to the forward line continue to be beyond garbage.

There was some more play on stuff, at times.
We are so far sucked up the ground that when we decide or try to move the ball at all in any manner we have very little at all to or zero in general to properly present ahead to link up with, if we do we either bomb it to our key forwards, miss rare leading opportunities or don’t lead/move into space that’s available…

Had the unfortunate pleasure of attending that utter shitshow tonight.

Attempted to cool off a bit before coming here but there really isn’t much to be happy about.

GOOD
Cerra, poor bastard, only bloke out there who looks like he gives a shit

BAD
Cripps - he’s either injured, checked out or both. Regardless of explanation he shouldn’t play next week AND if he is checked out, strip him of the captaincy

Docherty - ball use awful, adding nothing, and STILL FOR SOME REASON PLAYING MID/FWD. It’s not working Vossy and hasn’t been for 6 weeks…

Young - just not AFL standard. How the **** you let a bloke continually run and jump at the ball unimpeded even in pack situations has me ****ed. Get him out

CCurnow - all the talent in the world but makes terrible decisions with ball in hand. Can’t get away with that when you’re kicking 2.4. Wouldn’t hurt to stop and think occasionally

TDK - mate if you want 800k PA you can get it somewhere else. Not even worth half that

Our effort - pathetic. Average of 6 tackles per quarter after QT (Dow had 3 in the last so that means 21 other players laid 3 tackles between them in a quarter of footy)

Our midfield group as a whole, Cerra aside - slow, one paced, ineffectual, shit users who don’t tackle. 6 tackles in the third when we got absolutely flogged!!! This just reeks of a group not playing for each other or their coach

Speaking of…
Vossy - I don’t know how people can think he’s the right bloke to get us out of this. From just tonight alone:
  • the first quarter where for some reason every time we won the ball, McKay and Curnow were up on the defensive side of the wing so we had nothing to kick to and as a result kicked 4 behinds from 50odd… that’s coaching.
  • the fact that our mids and defenders consistently choose the wrong option EVERY TIME - when we have McKay one out we go slow and when we have Owies in a 1v3 we go long to a contest. It’s not possible that our players are THAT much dumber than the rest of the comp
  • ECurnow blankets Merrett in first half, Scott does basic U14 move of moving star mid forward. Voss does nothing, Merrett kicks first goal of third and sets up another shortly after. Just mind numbingly stupid
  • Young on Wright… gets a bath and no change made? Doesn’t shift Weiters, doesn’t even try to put someone in the hole in front of him…
  • doing absolutely nothing to stop the constant flow of free ball out of the centre in the third quarter

Inaccuracy has been a problem for weeks and nothing is changing. Our midfield getting smashed and Cripps doing **** all happens every week and we don’t do anything to change the set up in there. We haven’t been able to kick a score all year outside of playing the Claremont thirds - how is this NOT on the coaching group?

As a Carlton supporter under the age of 30, there hasn’t been many happy moments supporting the Blues but tonight was absolutely joyless. This season has absolutely sapped the fun out of footy for me, and I don’t think it’s coming back any time soon. The reality is we’re a shit club, with shit culture from top to bottom, who evidently don’t play for their teammates or their coach.

IMO Voss needs to go - but half the playing group needs to go with him. We are rotten and nothing about this will be fixed quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back