Toast 2023 Rising Star - Congratulations Harry Sheezel of The North Melbourne Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

How did he fall so far in the draft? He was being talked about as a top 10 pick at one point wasn't he? So not surprising he is doing well.
most of us on the Dons board were working out how we get rid of our 2nd rd pick to dodge a bid
This is why we're not list managers.

Absolutely no way we wouldn't have matched, so it can't have been that.

Well deserved Ginbey and he was very good this week.

He is a massive unit for his age and a great get for the Eagles.

Owens not getting enough love.

His impact on the game last night was way more than his 14 touches and 1 goal, the kid is an animal.

Will be the best 1v1 player in a few years and just a monster strength wise.

11 contested (equal 2nd most on ground) and 7 score involvements, and took that big pack mark, which he almost followed up with an even bigger one a couple of minutes later.

His attack on the ball and man is ferocious.

Would have been a shot if he’d kicked 3.0 instead of 1.2.

Didn’t realise he was eligible, thought he played 10 games last year!

Definitely a good shout. Winning side too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I nominate that guy who plays for my club who hasn't even been nominated yet.
Pretty much this thread, rinse and repeat every week.

"But the player from my team has 6 contested disposals 5 weeks ago and kicked 0.4 the following week. Please validate me"

Hollands would have to be close to getting the nod
Played pretty well in all 4 games played
I heard a staggering stat, Hollands has covered more ground then ANY other player in the AFL this year,
for a first year play that’s incredible
He’s going at about 15 possessions a game, with pretty good meters gained and disposal efficiency numbers
But the thing that stands out to me the most is his effort, it’s relentless, always putting in a 2nd or 3rd effort to provide support or pressure
He’s that kind of player that team mates and supporters love, cause it’s clear as day how hard he’s working.

Sheezel has been amazing in his first four weeks. What a master stroke by Clarkson to move him down back to learn the trade.

Kicks the ball well and it’s safe in his hands. Makes good decisions and reads the play really well already.

I can see him sitting in this role to tel he end of the year, but then he gets moved to progress him further. The big question will be - is he set for the midfield or will he go to the forwardline?

Plenty to look forward to for Kanga fans.

We will hear about him being a once in a generation player soon. Like Walsh and Daicos and Ashcroft and Reid next year.
So many once in a generation players.
We are so lucky.

I do enjoy the media’s definition of ‘stars’ and ‘superstars’. Then there are ‘champions’ This I spose is the next level.

More and more full each category each year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back