Autopsy 2023 Round 10 – GWS Giants vs St Kilda, Sunday, May 21, 4.40PM AEST, @Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Giants stadium cloudy and 16 degrees for the match. Market has us as distinct underdogs at $2.31 (Saints are $1.59). It’s our home match though, and Toby’s return and the undoubted spray from Kingsley after our woeful loss last weekend, will hopefully enable us to eke out a win.

I hate when our games are the last of the weekend, late on a Sunday afternoon. Anyway, after a poor game against the ladder-leading Pies, can GWS redeem itself at home against the up-and-down Saints? Against all odds given their injury list the Saints started the year going gangbusters, and headed the table for half the rounds to date. They had a big check last week losing away to Adelaide, and no doubt Ross the Boss will have stiffened their resolve for this game. Including Max King for his first game this season will lift their spirits - however can we take advantage of his lack of match time? GWS has had its own in jury problems, and the loss of Sam Taylor has unravelled our tall defence. Toby Green returning will help with leadership and goal scoring, but can our midfield lift themselves up to be more competitive? We've swapped out our ruckman, so interested to see how Keiran Briggs goes in his first game for the season against the accomplished Rowan Marshall. Jake Riccardi's return to the side is an odd one for me. We have a full set of talls in both attack and defence, so where's he going to play? Forward to allow HH to swing down back, down back to make the defence taller with King to manage, relief ruck to support Briggs, wingman (even though we have Callaghan and Angwin in those roles), or a bit of everything?

Anyway, game 199 for our talismanic captain. I hope he has a blinder, I hope we have a blinder at home at home. But that's just hope.

GWS v STK.png
Let's go GIANTS - fire up at home!

We really need a fit Sam Taylor playing - our defence has been leaking for the first quarter so far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good first quarter.
Umpires not helping!
Brent Daniels has been fantastic.
I've liked what the other Toby as done as well..
The Green(E)'s been their usual selves.

The ground is not in the best condition. I thought a key reason for the delay in games at Giants Stadium during this period, was that the ground needed to be remediated after the Easter Show.

Toby seems to be struggling with his shoulder. Also Himmelberg has a nasty cut on his mouth and on the interchange bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back