Autopsy 2023 Round 5 – GWS Giants vs Hawthorn, Sunday, April 16, 3.20PM AEST, Norwood Oval, SA

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Second last game of Gather Round, GWS takes on last-placed Hawthorn. Essentially, if we can't beat them, the season will be a disaster already. Several changes have been made, the most significant being the debut for Aaron Cadman. Clearly, we need to remember that he's on debut and not hang hopes of a miracle on him - at the least, he surely can't do worse than a couple of the performances that Riccardi produced. We've regained the experience of O'Halloran while giving Rowston a break, while Binga's absence will be a clear loss given his speed and zip. Finally, it's Tom Green's 50th game - congratulations - so hopefully looking for a lift from everyone to win this.

Good luck boys - go get 'em GIANTS!
GWS v HAW.png

I could be proven wrong with Cadman but he doesn’t strike me as a go home type of guy. Just his enthusiasm and excitement screams loyalty to the club. Hopefully he can have an impact today.

A lot of rain yesterday and overnight however it’s cleared up now and the sun is occasionally breaking through the clouds. The ground should be drying up but may not be the cleanest match.

I could be proven wrong with Cadman but he doesn’t strike me as a go home type of guy. Just his enthusiasm and excitement screams loyalty to the club. Hopefully he can have an impact today.

A lot of rain yesterday and overnight however it’s cleared up now and the sun is occasionally breaking through the clouds. The ground should be drying up but may not be the cleanest match.
It’s giants v hawks …. Wouldn’t be a clean game if played in perfect conditions …. 200 clangers incoming

Agreed. Cadman seems happy go lucky and like he's loving his time in Sydney and at the Giants.
Clearly has connected with Toby and Davis.
Let's hope he kicks a few today. He puts good pressure on during the games with defensive running. Small ground and he's a creative kick at goal so I can see him having an impact....even if it's small at this stage of his development.

I'd like Cadman to at least kick a goal on debut so that monkey is off his back, but the most important two things for me will be (1) putting defensive pressure on inside 50, which we normally haven't gotten from our KPFs & (2) leading patterns to help create options (even if he's not clunking the marks at this point) and bringing the ball to ground for the smalls to crumb.

Those will help our gameplan.

Must win.
Absolutely, must win. Our draw coming up is much harder, with us playing Brisbane, Swans, Bulldogs, Collingwood, Saints and Geelong. However, we should have Hawthorn’s measure. The market also has us as strong favourites at $1.41 (Hawks are $2.85). Cmon Giants and hope Cadman has a great debut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beautiful weather! Sun out, bit of a breeze, so many Hawks fans, a reasonable amount of orange also. What an atmosphere!
Enjoy the day. I was hoping to get over there - my wife is South Australian - but son's 21st birthday celebration this weekend trumped any travel! Hopefully get there next year.

Small mercy that it's a Ch7-produced game so none of the FoxFooty numpties.

Giants off to a horrible start with no structure and the blind kick forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back