Test Rugby 2023 Rugby Union World Cup - France - 8th September to 28th October

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest World Cup set to kick off. How far to Australia reach? Does South Africa repeat as champions, do the All Blacks regain their crown or do Ireland and France lead a charge from the North?

I'm here for the league mostly, but I recorded the ABs/France, and am watching it now, a bit behind real-time. I thought you guys would be all over this. The ABs started with a bang with a cracking try.

AB's terrible today in the second half. No idea's, just kept giving up possession and territory.

There was a headline the other day that this might be the worst ever New Zealand side at a world cup. Would agree with that, we're seriously lacking world class players. Probably only Savea and Will Jordan at the moment.

Can't wait until that fraud Foster is gone and we get a real coach too.

I tend to have nothing more than a passing interest in rugby, and from what I can understand, this is one of England's most shambolic preparations ahead of a World Cup in some time. Yet somehow, we're beating Argentina. I don't know if that's a damming reflection on Argentina, or credit to England.

A pity you have to have Paytv to watch, i have noticed on youtube a few people putting up whole games.

Pool A seems to be the fight to the death pool andat least four sides have a chance of going through in all reality, poor old Namibia could end up with zero wins.

So far the France upset of the All Blacks and Wales Fiji games have been my favourite.
The Penalties and drop goals are a blight on Union and it's boring.

My future predictions are.
Pool A
France
NZ
Pool B
Ireland
SA
Pool C
Wales
Aus
Pool D
Eng
Arg

Fra V Ura, NZ V Nam, Sam V Chi, Wal V Por, Ire V Ton, SA V Rom, Aus V Fiji, Eng V Jap

A pity you have to have Paytv to watch, i have noticed on youtube a few people putting up whole games.

Pool A seems to be the fight to the death pool andat least four sides have a chance of going through in all reality, poor old Namibia could end up with zero wins.

So far the France upset of the All Blacks and Wales Fiji games have been my favourite.
The Penalties and drop goals are a blight on Union and it's boring.

My future predictions are.
Pool A
France
NZ
Pool B
Ireland
SA
Pool C
Wales
Aus
Pool D
Eng
Arg

Fra V Ura, NZ V Nam, Sam V Chi, Wal V Por, Ire V Ton, SA V Rom, Aus V Fiji, Eng V Jap
France beating the All Blacks was 100% expected.
Chatting with a kiwi friend last Friday, he believes there are only 3 teams that can win

Irish
France
Sth Africa

In his words - the rest are bog average

France beating the All Blacks was 100% expected.
Chatting with a kiwi friend last Friday, he believes there are only 3 teams that can win

Irish
France
Sth Africa

In his words - the rest are bog average

A win against the All Blacks can never be expected.

Also if England play that boring drop goal penalty goal game they will get to the semi at least.

A win against the All Blacks can never be expected.

Also if England play that boring drop goal penalty goal game they will get to the semi at least.
This All Black team is putrid

STH Africa beat them by heaps just before WC.

France are at the top of their game, it was totally expected by every NZer I know

Feel sorry for Fiji. Referee is from Europe and clearly favoured them. Deliberate penalties on the line, refused to send a Wales player off. Collapsed maul at the other end and off goes a Fiji player. Disgraceful refereeing.
Collapsing a maul that is about to cross the line is always a yellow card

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This All Black team is putrid

STH Africa beat them by heaps just before WC.

France are at the top of their game, it was totally expected by every NZer I know

Not many, if any i'm guessing.

France are fantastic i agree.
NZ can never be underestimated, if they get a sniff they will be unstoppable.

I don't follow the NZ press as they are like AFL reporters here and are just scum looking for a few seconds of fame at the expense of the players and support staff. (look at the Maynard storm)
That South Africa game wasn't as bad as it was made out, they got quite a few calls against them that halted their progress and one penalty stopped a certain try that wasn't the right call at all.

Not many, if any i'm guessing.

France are fantastic i agree.
NZ can never be underestimated, if they get a sniff they will be unstoppable.

I don't follow the NZ press as they are like AFL reporters here and are just scum looking for a few seconds of fame at the expense of the players and support staff. (look at the Maynard storm)
That South Africa game wasn't as bad as it was made out, they got quite a few calls against them that halted their progress and one penalty stopped a certain try that wasn't the right call at all.
This is rugby union these days though, it all rests on the ref's and their decisions, especially yellow/red cards.

We COULD easily smash whoever we get in the knock out games, but I can't see our luck holding for 3 games in the row, and we don't have the quality of previous teams to overcome poor refereeing/bad luck.

I'd like to see France win if NZ don't. They are long overdue a WC win.

How does it help anybody for the minnows to be getting rolled 38-3 at half time like this?

That would be a sad and sorry full time scoreline.

Is this a controversial thing in rugby or are most fans cool with it?

Maybe there are some benefits here that I am not seeing.

I just checked and Italy beat the same mob 52-8 last week.

Ireland beat Romania 82-8.

What's the point?

How does it help anybody for the minnows to be getting rolled 38-3 at half time like this?

That would be a sad and sorry full time scoreline.

Is this a controversial thing in rugby or are most fans cool with it?

Maybe there are some benefits here that I am not seeing.

I just checked and Italy beat the same mob 52-8 last week.

Ireland beat Romania 82-8.

What's the point?
Lol the pride and honour of representing their nation.

Uruguay were one point down through 60 minutes against France

Remove this Banner Ad

Back