• Top 8

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • 9th - 14th

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Bottom 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's probably on par for impact with McLean in their good games this year, but he's younger so will pass him. Amartey has talent, but his body holds him back, so we can't really compare. Versus Logan I agree at this point, and he's younger, but without Buddy (as the other guy said), I hope he thrives on being one of the main targets going forward.

He had 70 shots at goal last year.

I like our young forwards, but Ugle Hagan is clearly better than all of them at the moment and his potential is best forward in the league.

Last edited:

I like our young forwards, but Ugle Hagan is clearly better than all of them at the moment and his potential is best forward in the league.
Yeah, fair, didn't realise he'd kicked 35 goals. McLean obviously did a fair bit of rucking, but definitely shaded as a forward.

Yeah, fair, didn't realise he'd kicked 35 goals. McLean obviously did a fair bit of rucking, but definitely shaded as a forward.
Our forward line also had this weird transition in it mid-season with Buddy retiring

If all 3 of our forwards stay fit and play consistently, I think the results will come

He was drafted the same year as Logan, is very similar in height, weight and position, and has played almost exactly the same number of games. He's way ahead of him in every key stat. Logan's OK, could be very good but Ugle Hagan is defiinitely a budding star.

He was drafted the same year as Logan, is very similar in height, weight and position, and has played almost exactly the same number of games. He's way ahead of him in every key stat. Logan's OK, could be very good but Ugle Hagan is defiinitely a budding star.
Admittedly, I don't watch a lot of Bulldogs games but McDonald plays a lot further up the ground whilst JUH plays deeper. Which might distort some stats

And can I say, it is a lot easier to shine or be a “good” player in a shit team (dogs) when we have stars in every position SO in what I’m trying to say is that it is easy to be blind sided and see someone who you think is good when in reality the swans is a team. We are a team. We are no single individuals. We win and we lose together.

And can I say, it is a lot easier to shine or be a “good” player in a s**t team (dogs) when we have stars in every position SO in what I’m trying to say is that it is easy to be blind sided and see someone who you think is good when in reality the swans is a team. We are a team. We are no single individuals. We win and we lose together.

Stars in every position? not quite sure about that.

I think we are a mid table side that has yet to find out how to work together as a finely tuned machine.

With a bit of luck and a good run we might finish top 4.

Stars in every position? not quite sure about that.

I think we are a mid table side that has yet to find out how to work together as a finely tuned machine.

With a bit of luck and a good run we might finish top 4.

I think we're better than mid table but still lacking a bit of consistency. Last year I would have said lacking consistency because of age and depth - not sure that's valid anymore.... it's just playing time together we're missing

We should be aiming for nothing less than top 4 now. We're a serious shout, time to hop off the fence

What a load of garbage! Way ahead in every key stat you say? Ugle-Hagan is DEFINITELY a budding star you say? Logan's just okay you say?

1000002884.png
Whilst one was playing second fiddle to a living legend until half way through this season and the other one was the star of his own show, I know who's stats I think are better. The truth is that their stats are so similar it's kind of amazing, biggest difference is disposal efficiency - in Logan's favour. We will need every cent of our salary cap to keep this crop of players together, so basically you guys are all saying you prefer JUH to Logan, because there's no way on God's green earth we could afford them both and give Errol his worth, let alone the others coming out of contract this year.
When Logan fell into our laps on draft night a few years back, most on here were soiling their pants with glee, now most of you would be happy to boot him back to WA.

Sometimes I just don't get this site....

Last edited:
What a load of garbage! Way ahead in every key stat you say? Ugle-Hagan is DEFINITELY a budding star you say? Logan's okay you say?

View attachment 1888763
Whilst one was playing second fiddle to a living legend until half way through this season and the other one was the star of his own show, I know who's stats I think are better. The truth is that their stats are so similar it's kind of amazing, biggest difference is disposal efficiency - in Logan's favour. We will need every cent of our salary cap to keep this crop of players together, so basically you guys are all saying you prefer JUH to Logan, because there's no way on God's green earth we could afford them both and give Errol his worth, let alone the others coming out of contract this year.
When Logan fell into our laps on draft night a few years back, most on here were soiling their pants with glee, now most of you would be happy to boot him back to WA.

I for one would love to have them both. They are complementary. Whether it's worthwhile to be chasing Jamarra depends IMO on how Amartey and Buller are going. If they're travelling well (especially Amartey physically) I'd prefer to go to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of garbage! Way ahead in every key stat you say? Ugle-Hagan is DEFINITELY a budding star you say? Logan's okay you say?

View attachment 1888763

Both Logan and JUH are at least still in the running to beat Ruck Jesus’ record* for most AFL games without a bounce.

edit: I subsequently note RJ is actually only 4th on the list. Max Gawn is at no.1, with the great Mike Pyke at no.2.

Last edited:
I for one would love to have them both. They are complementary. Whether it's worthwhile to be chasing Jamarra depends IMO on how Amartey and Buller are going. If they're travelling well (especially Amartey physically) I'd prefer to go to the draft.
Totally agree, I just can't see how we could possibly pay what they both will demand PLUS pay Errol what he deserves PLUS be able to afford what Campbell, Warner and Sheldrick will want next year, let alone Rowie, Hayward, Florent etc. We have a hell of a lot of top VERY YOUNG talent coming off contract in the near future and I simply can't see how we could afford them all - we're not Geelong!
In an ideal world I would love to have Ugle-Hagan and Logan together on the forward line, it would potentially be the best forward line since Roughie and Buddy at the Hawks, but in this day and age of salary cap and big dollar contracts, I just can't see how it would be possible.

Last edited:
Totally agree, I just can't see how we could possibly pay what they both will demand PLUS pay Errol what he deserves PLUS be able to afford what Campbell, Warner and Sheldrick will want next year, let alone Rowie, Hayward, Florent etc. We have a hell of a lot of top VERY YOUNG talent coming off contract in the near future and I simply can't see how we could afford them all - we're not Geelong!
In an ideal world I would love to have Ugle-Hagan and Logan together on the forward line, it would potentially be the best forward line since Roughie and Buddy at the Hawks, but in this day and age of salary cap and big dollar contracts, I just can't see how it would be possible.

Depends what you think some of those players are actually worth?

Errol and Warner, would both command elite level money. As for others ... at this stage, no. And for a few of the examples listed, nothing close to it.

I think we worry too much about what other clubs are going to offer our players sometimes. Every other club has their own players they need to try and keep.

What a load of garbage! Way ahead in every key stat you say? Ugle-Hagan is DEFINITELY a budding star you say? Logan's just okay you say?

View attachment 1888763

Finally someone making sense
The stats are very similar. Add Riley Thilthorpe (the other tall forward & top 5 pick 2020) stats in there and you'll find that Logan is looking bloody good.
Hes kicked more goals per game and by far has the best disposal efficiency, and all while playing higher up the ground (and 2nd fiddle to Buddy) than the other two.
No doubt that JUH is looking like being a great player, and maybe its a result of dumb loyalty but Im personally looking forward to see how McLean, Amartey and McDonald develop together. We've got Buller on our list too!

Amartey plays the most similar role to JUH, and Id rather be paying him $400k than JUH $1m+ (just making those numbers up).. allowing us to keep other great players and/or great role players on our list

View attachment 1888763

👏 👏
Finally someone making sense
The stats are very similar. Add Riley Thilthorpe (the other tall forward & top 5 pick 2020) stats in there and you'll find that Logan is looking bloody good.
Hes kicked more goals per game and by far has the best disposal efficiency, and all while playing higher up the ground (and 2nd fiddle to Buddy) than the other two.
No doubt that JUH is looking like being a great player, and maybe its a result of dumb loyalty but Im personally looking forward to see how McLean, Amartey and McDonald develop together. We've got Buller on our list too!

Amartey plays the most similar role to JUH, and Id rather be paying him $400k than JUH $1m+ (just making those numbers up).. allowing us to keep other great players and/or great role players on our list
Exactly my friend 👏

Our best players:

1. Gulden
2. Papley
3. Mills

Our most important players:

1. McCartin
2. Blakey
3. Grundy

Come at me.
Personally I can't see anything to come at you about, totally agree. I have high hopes for Campbell jumping up into that top category this year.

View attachment 1888763

I definitely wouldn't have guessed JUH is actually the taller of the two. That actually surprises me a lot.

Kinda similar disposal wise, but Logan is cleaner with his disposal and a better decision maker is what I'm reading (Much better efficiency and way less clangers and turnovers). If Logan could match JUH as far as marks i50 went, I'm sure he'd push ahead as the better player when he hits the scoreboard more because of it.

But, I still think JUH will be a great player, but I'm also on the wagon of McDonald being a jewel in our crown with a great future for us as well.

JUH would be nice, would put bums on seats, but not really needed team wise. I'm comfy with our forward line going forward and that extra $$ can keep Logan and others around.

Back