Resource 2024 Membership - 59,172 as at May 27th

Remove this Banner Ad

It will probably stay the same or go up again. They saw no real change in membership this year despite all the threats. People keep buying memberships and going to games and that's the main reason we still have Hinkley.
Yes they did. The numbers reveal nothing.

They were handing out massively discounted memberships and flogging them off relentlessly in all mediums. Crowd numbers were touch and go too.

They absolutely felt the pressure. Ratcheting it up now will be awesome.

Well my wifes moving from Essential Power to Magpies Home Match as she hates going to AFL now.
It's the same game plan in the SANFL, just with an even lower skill level and treated more like a training drill.

I just cancelled mine. Which is pretty big from me, as I normally don’t buy too much into the Hinkley hate and let it get in the way of my love for the club.

I downgraded 3 memberships two years ago from 11 game to 3 game country.
Next year I'll cancel 2 memberships and only keep one 3 game country. Only for the badge on my scarf, no other reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the actual F*...I rang the week before Hinkley was re-contracted and cancelled all my memberships. I have just logged into my account and there is a tax invoice for the 2024 year created??? I will be ringing at 10am and blasting them, fair?
Blast them.

With Piss!

Ive bought others in my groups tickets as they have dropped off so I don't lose seats. I went to 3 games this season if you include the final and of them was gather round. its just been easier to watch it live on tv and slowly the fabric of what this club once was is fading.

I was going to renew because I am expecting my first child a son later this year and wanting to keep the seats but Im not sure i want to put him through this anymore, its not fair on him.

If Boak does not get an extension then the club will not get another cent from me ever. The club will almost always be bigger than the individual but in this case it's not that way.

You dont think it’s time for him to call it quits? along with the coach?
Deserves one more year, especially over Dixon, Fantasia, Dumont, Hinkley, Koch, Richardson… don’t need to cull all, can carry one, I would take Boak EVERYDAY over these others! Still sells memberships and good networks like Redbull etc.

I don't necessarily have the problem with the club deciding not to re-sign Boak, but if that is where this is going, then the way it's been handled is ****ing shambolic. If that's the decision we're going to make, it should have been made and publicised well before now. The fact that our season is over and a 348 game champion of the club doesn't even know whether he's going to be on our list next year or not is a disgrace.

Is his last act as a Port Adelaide player in Adelaide Oval going to be chairing off a far inferior player in Tom Jonas without ever getting to be chaired off himself? If so, that's just yet one more thing that heads should roll at the club over.

I don't necessarily have the problem with the club deciding not to re-sign Boak, but if that is where this is going, then the way it's been handled is ****ing shambolic. If that's the decision we're going to make, it should have been made and publicised well before now. The fact that our season is over and a 348 game champion of the club doesn't even know whether he's going to be on our list next year or not is a disgrace.

Is his last act as a Port Adelaide player in Adelaide Oval going to be chairing off a far inferior player in Tom Jonas without ever getting to be chaired off himself? If so, that's just yet one more thing that heads should roll at the club over.

Yep.

I wouldn't mind being ruthless on Boak if we were a ruthless club. But we're not. We're the Care Bears. To brutally cut someone who has been an absolute warrior for us and is still a best 22 player while none of the decision makers are held accountable, again, is disgraceful.

I'm glad Trav is digging his heels in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back