Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Who played well for the Blues vs the Lions in Round 0?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to be a back up now.

If TDK needs a rest of McKay misses a game then Pitto comes in but IMO our best structure, easily, is TDK supported by McKay

Thinking Voss will still go with Pitt and TDK when Pitt is ready. I feel it wont be a regular thing at centre bounces, long season and we need him to keep getting up the ground and kicking goals not bashing knees in the middle.

Will also allow TDK to rest forward as a third aerial option.

Watch this space I guess.

Thinking Voss will still go with Pitt and TDK when Pitt is ready. I feel it wont be a regular thing at centre bounces, long season and we need him to keep getting up the ground and kicking goals not bashing knees in the middle.

Will also allow TDK to rest forward as a third aerial option.

Watch this space I guess.
Thinking TDK with Harry and others will be the “go to” for the majority of the season. Expect Pitto to have some games during the year. Will be interesting, but the model supplying more run appeals to me.

Not sure how Pitto went in the ressies, but could be some sort of chance with a quick back up this week. TDK to “rest” a little as the third tall. We do follow up with a bye, so may not be viable.

Thinking TDK with Harry and others will be the “go to” for the majority of the season. Expect Pitto to have some games during the year. Will be interesting, but the model supplying more run appeals to me.

Not sure how Pitto went in the ressies, but could be some sort of chance with a quick back up this week. TDK to “rest” a little as the third tall. We do follow up with a bye, so may not be viable.
Harry was more than impressive in the ruck given how little he has actually rucked in a real match.

His agility for a big man enabled him to have first dibs on loose balls from centre bounces.

Yeah if Vossy is looking for a true squad approach rather than a best 22 there will be a number of players who will come in and out during the year and perhaps not only because of injuries, which I think is a good thing to combat the physical demands of the game.

Do any sides go with two rucks now?
The game is so much about run and team defence that I can’t see it.
Pittonet limits us and the improvement in McKay is obvious
Pittonet is a good back up if TDK needs a rest or conditions suit

Harry was more than impressive in the ruck given how little he has actually rucked in a real match.

His agility for a big man enabled him to have first dibs on loose balls from centre bounces.

All these years of keeping Harry away from the ruck work - what was that about?

:think:

Coaches’ Votes

10 - Harry McKay (CARL)
6 - Charlie Curnow (CARL)
4 - George Hewett (CARL)
3 - Lachie Fogarty (CARL)
3 -
Darcy Wilmot (BL)
3 - Josh Dunkley (BL)
1 - Blake Acres (CARL)

I reckon the Kangas footy chat is the funniest of the lot. They were making some massive statements during the first half of our game...fisher better than Saad and Williams...they will fly past us etc etc

I had a Norf fan tell me they have a better list than us…. 5 years ago.

That statement still hasn’t given me pause to be concerned after four straight 17th or 18th place finishes and odds on to end up in that position this year. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 ruck contests for the night, 100% hitout to advantage

I honestly thought, H produces 8-10 games like that he’s a Brownlow chance.

Jono Brown hilighted the difference in positioning from David Cuningham in the first half (when playing on Coleman) as very defensive as opposed to the 2nd half when Coleman was injured - very offensive.

Back