Preview 2024 Round 01 Thursday March 7 v Melbourne 7:20 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gus omission is a bit of a head scratcher given the outs we have but gotta back the match committee in on this one... I really hope amartey provides somethung tomorrow night. We cannot afford to carry him and those 3 talls better bring some sort of defensive pressure

I rekn making a granny wasn't too bad a result. I'm talking more 10 years ago coming into the last 3 yrs which is when we started changing it up.

The only contest work we've been s**t with was the mids last year due to obvious reasons. Fix he midfield, which would've been fine with mills, Parker and Adams, and we'd be close to unbeatable with our outside mix. A vanilla, pure contest team would get absolutely rinsed today.
And the mids in 2022, and the mids in 2021... it's not like the issue was exclusive to last year.

But you misunderstood my point, which isn't that ONLY vanilla would work. You of course need a mix of vanilla and "flash." But you completely disregarded vanilla originally, and I was saying that it's still a massive, massive part of the game. There's a reason a highlights reel from each match is usually only four or five minutes long. From a three hour game. Because the majority of the game, and the things that leads to those flashy highlights, is the vanilla stuff, that if you don't have, and you don't get right, then you can forget about the highlights anyway.

And the mids in 2022, and the mids in 2021... it's not like the issue was exclusive to last year.

But you misunderstood my point, which isn't that ONLY vanilla would work. You of course need a mix of vanilla and "flash." But you completely disregarded vanilla originally, and I was saying that it's still a massive, massive part of the game. There's a reason a highlights reel from each match is usually only four or five minutes long. From a three hour game. Because the majority of the game, and the things that leads to those flashy highlights, is the vanilla stuff, that if you don't have, and you don't get right, then you can forget about the highlights anyway.
So you're saying that if you had a carton of Connoisseur Vanilla Caramel Brownie icecream and you let the icecream melt and drain away, you'd just be left with a sticky, sickly pile of unappealing goo?

(Give me pure vanilla anytime when it comes to icecream, especially Connoisseur.)

So you're saying that if you had a carton of Connoisseur Vanilla Caramel Brownie icecream and you let the icecream melt and drain away, you'd just be left with a sticky, sickly pile of unappealing goo?

(Give me pure vanilla anytime when it comes to icecream, especially Connoisseur.)
We're still talking about footy here, right?

Confused Thinking GIF

Darcy Fort has been the activated sub on 5 occasions for the Lions.
The players he has been substituted in for are; Dunkley, Lohmann, Bailey, Rich & Zorko.
Lions won 4 of the 5., losing only to Richmond at the MCG, by 7 points.

To quote Longmire re Seaby as sub;

"’Mummy’s’ knee was a bit sore last week. So you go into a game thinking it might be unfair to Jesse White … if something happened to ‘Mummy’, Jesse would be one-out...
"Those things are all taken into consideration. At the end of the day you make a decision based on not only your substitute but also your other 21 players. We thought we had the flexibility to cover any scenario that happened."

It may have been a mistake, but there was a reasoning behind it.
Yeah, but what do the coaches know? :rolleyes:

The Gus omission is a bit of a head scratcher given the outs we have but gotta back the match committee in on this one... I really hope amartey provides somethung tomorrow night. We cannot afford to carry him and those 3 talls better bring some sort of defensive pressure
How is it an omission ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Madness to play that many talls it doesn't work against good backlines.

Oh well
Only two of them will be in the same forward line at once. The other is the back-up ruck and intermittent forward while another is off the ground. This is incredibly normal and the forward structure we've run for the last three years with relative success, but for some reason after a humid, slippery, shithouse practice match now it seems to be this big concern. I don't get it.

We also lose another marking target in Heeney if he spends more time in the midfield, worth remembering.

It's Game Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back