VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeler looks to have grown in confidence as a back. His kicking is very nice and I saw him do a few good spoils too. Definitely one to watch.

Really hope Keeler or Van Es can step up to the plate, Van Es injuries is a concern. Dougal and Cordy are plugs atm until something better comes along. I dont know where Schoenmaker sits also he is a unique player at 194cm.

Luke Trainor looks high end talent in draft this year as a intercept defender 195cm and would be hard to pass up on if the top rated mids are gone by our pick. See what unfolds for our key defensive stocks this year.

Keeler looks to have grown in confidence as a back. His kicking is very nice and I saw him do a few good spoils too. Definitely one to watch.
Only last week people were saying he's being ruined playing there. Similar to Pou atm young players need to work through difficulties in order to grow. The damage of avoiding that is presented in one Mr Jack Billings' stellar career.

Really hope Keeler or Van Es can step up to the plate, Van Es injuries is a concern. Dougal and Cordy are plugs atm until something better comes along. I dont know where Schoenmaker sits also he is a unique player at 194cm.

Luke Trainor looks high end talent in draft this year as a intercept defender 195cm and would be hard to pass up on if the top rated mids are gone by our pick. See what unfolds for our key defensive stocks this year.
I think the jury is in when it comes to young intercepting defenders. If they can't do the other stuff well then they're next to useless at top level. At any rate we have Arie already and it's the FB position that's looking shakey on account of JVE's dodgy ankle.

Only last week people were saying he's being ruined playing there. Similar to Pou atm young players need to work through difficulties in order to grow. The damage of avoiding that is presented in one Mr Jack Billings' stellar career.
You can see that he has some nice attributes there. His kicking is really nicely balanced. Obviously the challenge will be defending bigger opponents, but he reminds me a bit of Nasiah, he will learn the craft and hopefully keep improving. He took 9 marks yesterday which is very good.

You can see that he has some nice attributes there. His kicking is really nicely balanced. Obviously the challenge will be defending bigger opponents, but he reminds me a bit of Nasiah, he will learn the craft and hopefully keep improving. He took 9 marks yesterday which is very good.
I'm pretty sure he's a ruck/forward and this time in defence is for development and protecting his body till he fills out. As a long term prospect we've just got to be patient.

Yes was
Quite impressed with his defence today albeit considering who the opponent was. He’s quite a strong kid, hold his ground in marking contests. Once he adjusts he will be a weapon.

Also hope we try him forward at some stage. A
195cm key forward who can roost it from 65 is a Legit threat.

We don't need him forward , a bit of work and he'll be kicking goals from half back :D

Seriously i was very impressed by the accuracy of his kicks.

Never take a key back with an early pick. If you need one later you can trade for them or pick one up from lower level like Wilkie or Sam Collins or whoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back