2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandringham got off to a dominant start against the Pies but seem to have completely gone asleep in the second quarter.

Why did Sandringham chose this early time ? I'm assuming the Zebra fans wouldn't be overly enthusiastic about the start time.

St Kilda would have chosen the time, Collingwood would also agree to it.
If it's St Kilda that chose it then it's fair to say the Saints have no regard whatsoever to the Sandringham members and the Sandringham club?

If what you say is correct (and I have no reason to doubt you) and the Saints don't care about their aligned partner then perhaps they should go independent like nearly all other afl clubs.

Well that's Round 1 in the books for us.

Bitterly disappointing loss, but more because of what could have been. A bit more discipline, a few decisions gone differently, a bit more accuracy and composure and we may very well have won that.

At the same time I'm also proud. Errors aside, we pushed them all the way and the Williamstown supporters around us were more than a bit nervous halfway through the 4th with two goals in it. Some things that need to be worked on, but I think there's potential with this group.

Well that's Round 1 in the books for us.

Bitterly disappointing loss, but more because of what could have been. A bit more discipline, a few decisions gone differently, a bit more accuracy and composure and we may very well have won that.

At the same time I'm also proud. Errors aside, we pushed them all the way and the Williamstown supporters around us were more than a bit nervous halfway through the 4th with two goals in it. Some things that need to be worked on, but I think there's potential with this group.

I watched online and am surprised by the overwhelming negative assessment of Frankston. I feel that for the most part they will be competitive this season and I wouldn't be overly surprised if they win next week (Port I feel will still be favourites but I don't think it will be a one sided game).

Last edited:
I watched online and am surprised by the overwhelming negative assessment of Frankston. I feel that for the most part they will be competitive this season and I wouldn't be overly surprised if they win next week (Port I feel will still be favourites but I don't think i think it will be a one sided game).
We certainly dug our own grave with some shocking passing and decision-making. But I think that'll improve as the team plays together more and more. I loved their attack on the ball last night and if they bring that intensity to Port next week we might just pull away with it.

Port are playing today, I think? Will be interesting.

We certainly dug our own grave with some shocking passing and decision-making. But I think that'll improve as the team plays together more and more. I loved their attack on the ball last night and if they bring that intensity to Port next week we might just pull away with it.

Port are playing today, I think? Will be interesting.

How was the crowd? Up to expectations?

How was the crowd? Up to expectations?
Maybe a bit above expectations. Night games always do well but this was a stronger crowd than usual. Hill was packed, plenty of people around us near the grandstand, even a lot of Frankston supporters at the boundary near the pocket. Crowd made a lot of noise and the atmosphere was electric.

If it's St Kilda that chose it then it's fair to say the Saints have no regard whatsoever to the Sandringham members and the Sandringham club?

If what you say is correct (and I have no reason to doubt you) and the Saints don't care about their aligned partner then perhaps they should go independent like nearly all other afl clubs.
Correct St Scum have no regard for anyone else and Sandy treat local clubs like crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scoresheet for todays game, bees dominated the 2nd half.

Attachments

• IMG_20240323_190406.jpg
    IMG_20240323_190406.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
I may have to do some apologising for some Werribee slander if they keep this up.... though Geelong have been shithouse in the 2's for a while now
It's a convincing victory over a poor side, I'm sure Werribee will be happy enough with that.

Coburg not starting well against the Swans, trailing by only three goals at quarter time. Hopefully they can take some positives if not a victory out of today.

It's a convincing victory over a poor side, I'm sure Werribee will be happy enough with that.

Coburg not starting well against the Swans, trailing by only three goals at quarter time. Hopefully they can take some positives if not a victory out of today.
Another look at the score and.... yikes... going to be long old slog for the Burgers this season

Another look at the score and.... yikes... going to be long old slog for the Burgers this season
25 minutes into the final quarter, looks like it'll be around a 40-point loss, give or take. Not an absolute smashing, but against a team that was pretty mediocre last year that'll be a crushing result unfourtunately. I shudder to think what Williamstown will do to them next week.

25 minutes into the final quarter, looks like it'll be around a 40-point loss, give or take. Not an absolute smashing, but against a team that was pretty mediocre last year that'll be a crushing result unfourtunately. I shudder to think what Williamstown will do to them next week.
It was 1.6 the last time I looked late in the third so good to see they found something in the last quarter.

It was 1.6 the last time I looked late in the third so good to see they found something in the last quarter.
I only watched occasionally after half time but it does seem like they found a way to compete in patches and keep the scoreline from ballooning much more. Hopefully it's something they can build from.

Port Melbourne losing as badly as they did is probably the biggest surprise of the round. I know travelling up north to play Southport would have been a tough task, but they seemed completely uncompetitive at times. Maybe a combination of early season teething problems and the trip north. I imagine they'll put in a better performance against us next week.

I only watched occasionally after half time but it does seem like they found a way to compete in patches and keep the scoreline from ballooning much more. Hopefully it's something they can build from.

Port Melbourne losing as badly as they did is probably the biggest surprise of the round. I know travelling up north to play Southport would have been a tough task, but they seemed completely uncompetitive at times. Maybe a combination of early season teething problems and the trip north. I imagine they'll put in a better performance against us next week.
Swans would have put the cue in the rack too. Like all AFL reserves sides do.

For all Ports recruiting this off season it needs to be reminded that they only kept 20 players from the 2023 list and they had 13 players pull on the jumper for the first time officially yesterday. For their sake you'd hope they gel quickly otherwise its going to be another long season.

Wow that % is something I've never seen.

Attachments

• IMG_20240324_064641.jpg
    IMG_20240324_064641.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 62

Remove this Banner Ad

Back