2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL team take that into little consideration. Its most likely the Swans request so they go with that.

Good chance for Frankston to get up. I doubt any of the Swans AFL listed players would want to be down by Frankston on a cold Friday night while their teammates stay in Sydney.
Swans request , rubbish

The AFL team take that into little consideration. Its most likely the Swans request so they go with that.

Good chance for Frankston to get up. I doubt any of the Swans AFL listed players would want to be down by Frankston on a cold Friday night while their teammates stay in Sydney.
Doubt the Swans had anything to do with the game's start time being shifted by half an hour. But from what I've heard they were keen to play down here again, especially for a night game. And the Swans vs Carlton game will be shown on TV inside the clubrooms so there's a reasonable chance of getting a fair few Victorian Swans fans to come.

Very much looming as a winnable game after we beat GWS on their home turf, although it'll depend on who's in for the Swans reserves that night. Important game for us to win with away games against Southport, Brisbane, and Werribee not far away.

Can someone clarify for me who pays for the clubs to play interstate?
Is it funded by the AFL? The VFL? AFL Victoria? AFLQ? AFL NSW-ACT?

It's a question I have never asked out aloud before but should have by now.
AFL pay for a certain amount of players, staff to go interstate
From what I've heard at my club, the AFL pays for interstate travel directly.

Correct - Flights, Food, 1x night Accommodation are covered to a cap of about 32 players/staff (could even be less).

VFL doesn't exist, AFL Victoria doesn't fund s**t anymore neither the other two state bodies.

Correct - Flights, Food, 1x night Accommodation are covered to a cap of about 32 players/staff (could even be less).

VFL doesn't exist, AFL Victoria doesn't fund s**t anymore neither the other two state bodies.
Wasn't aware that a night's accommodation was covered, always thought that it was just flights being covered given some of the weird start times when teams play interstate.

Wasn't aware that a night's accommodation was covered, always thought that it was just flights being covered given some of the weird start times when teams play interstate.
Usually the weird times are due to them needing to fly out post game. The norm for most teams is to fly up the day before.

Werribee far too good for Collingwood, then I got in the car and managed to watch the 2nd half at Piranha Park.

Attachments

• IMG20240518121754.jpg
    IMG20240518121754.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could only watch 1st half at Willy who dominated the first quarter with excellent skills and ball movement. Blues more competitive in the 2nd, goals traded but Willy 4 goals up at HT when I left.

Bit shocked to see final score, heard big Tom Downie kicked a goal after the siren to win it. Second ATS win for Willy this season. Like to know how the game changed after I left.

Bit stuttery lately, Willy, tough away games at Port and Southport after the bye, which is coming at the right time.

Sun out again down there, been sunny all year at Point Gellibrand.

Went to Windy Hill. Essendon belted North Melb. Rain,wind,cold and overcast. Gotta say windy Hill surface is the best I've ever stepped on,better than MCG and Docklands.
And still open to the public most days? they do a great job maintaining it to such high standards - maybe the hill is ideal for drainage

32 sounds right, I’ve been told it’s 10 staff members so that’d leave 22 players. I’m not sure if 10 is enough though, if a club has a coaching staff of 5-6 and then a team manager and a couple medical staff, it doesn’t exactly leave any wriggle room for other club staff.

32 sounds right, I’ve been told it’s 10 staff members so that’d leave 22 players. I’m not sure if 10 is enough though, if a club has a coaching staff of 5-6 and then a team manager and a couple medical staff, it doesn’t exactly leave any wriggle room for other club staff.
That's why a fixture like Friday nights was stupid

Nah, it's not enough. Talking to clubs in the past some of them need to fit 1x Doctor, 2x Operations, 2x Physio, 4x Trainers, 6x Coaches on top of 23 players + sometimes an emergency. Teams usually go understaffed in these trips, more than they're understaffed at home games.

Sydney asked for game to be played last Friday because this week, afl plays on Thursday night and vfl on Friday lunchtime.

AFL clubs want their vfl clubs to play on same day so both sides have equal break.

Luke Parker sent straight to VFL Tribual

Graded Careless/ High Contact / Severe Impact
Looking a 5+ weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back