2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Very impressive performance

Reville, Brain, Morris, Sharp and HSmith excellent again. Not sure I’d say any are banging the door down but have been consistent strong performers so far

Hoping Reville gets Ah Chees spot
IMO Brain has done plenty to deserve a shot, been consistently very good... problem is the plethora of options we have down back.

FWIW I think he has just as much mongrel, intensity and man on man nous as Answerth but his kicking is miles better, albeit Noah does not deserve to be dropped, has been good.

Fort not playing has been a bonus. How much has having him impacted their development.

That said, Smith could not have done more to demand a callup.

Lyons got a few touches in the last, was unseen the rest of the day, and was mostly seen 20 metres behind his opponet. Finished.

Joyce a liability. Would rather LLoyd in his role.

Reville's kicking was a highlight. Him and Brain showed they have enough AFL qualities to play now.

All in all, a job well done.

Smith did get dominated in the ruck by Crossley

IMO Brain has done plenty to deserve a shot, been consistently very good... problem is the plethora of options we have down back.

FWIW I think he has just as much mongrel, intensity and man on man nous as Answerth but his kicking is miles better, albeit Noah does not deserve to be dropped, has been good.
Where we need speed is through the midfield, especially with Bailey out. If Wilmot was up for it, I would start pushing him through their. Someone Neale, etc, can feed the pill too. Plus he has good length on his kicks.

Ahead of Morris or Ryan?

If we want a pure forward, I'm going Morris. He's a point of difference to our current forwards.

If we want to play Daniher in a traditional forward role, Smith allows us to do so.

Ryan... I'm really not sure where he fits.

If we want a pure forward, I'm going Morris. He's a point of difference to our current forwards.

If we want to play Daniher in a traditional forward role, Smith allows us to do so.

Ryan... I'm really not sure where he fits.
Only way Ryan could come in is if Hippy or Joe were out IMO.

Lyons stepped up in the last. Particularly the last 5 minutes with the goal to put us in front and the big mark inside 50 soon after which he passed off.

In saying that overall he wasn’t very impressive and I hope the coaches don’t promote him in place of Ah Chee and justify it based off the final quarter alone.

Reville deserves a shot whilst the likes of Sharp, Brain, Morris and Smith are all pushing their own cases as well.

Brain was outstanding today. Best I’ve seen him play. Next in if we have to replace a small defender. Reville’s kicking skills were elite. They were purposeful, direct and perfectly weighted. He also tackles hard. All the traits Reville displays in the VFL are traits our senior team is lacking.

I think once McKenna is up to speed, we can have McKenna and Wilmot as our attacking defenders, give Zorko a rest coming in to the mid season bye, and give Brain a run as fourth small defender.

Reville should come in for Ah Chee.

And this is where I am at. Smith to come in for Dizzy and play as a ruck forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I demand fresh tall forward blood so that when they kick a goal I can rave about them!!!

‘Morris is gonna be a gun!’

‘How good was that grab by Smith!’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back