Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

CCJ is so disappointing. On paper he is the exact type of player that we need, ie a key position player that can relieve in the ruck. Unfortunately not only has he not been able to deliver on the field I can't see any improvement in his play during his time at the club. Whilst I really hope he makes it, it is hard to see him turning it around.

His -12 metres didn't account for the opposition's wind assistance fwiw

I think the match committee are testing if there's anything there or not.

I can't see it all but might explain his round one selection.

I'm just guessing as have no knowledge, just trying to understand his selection

I think the match committee are testing if there's anything there or not.

I can't see it all but might explain his round one selection.

I'm just guessing as have no knowledge, just trying to understand his selection
Gos I hope there is something there I’m not seeing. Two years and still testing, after trading him in, is a worry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw two genuinely good moments from him today, very quick handball above his head to a receiver and then going in and bringing a bloke to ground in a tackle. Other than that he was anonymous/bad, and it's not like the good things I mentioned in the first sentence are the type of things champions players are made of, just relatively standard stuff you'd expect from someone playing at AFL level but for CCJ stand out like the proverbials.

CCJ is so disappointing. On paper he is the exact type of player that we need, ie a key position player that can relieve in the ruck. Unfortunately not only has he not been able to deliver on the field I can't see any improvement in his play during his time at the club. Whilst I really hope he makes it, it is hard to see him turning it around.

Well said. I think the ruck relief is the only reason he remains an option. Has had zero impact going into his third year at the club, especially as a key forward.

Another game with no impact, 55 inside 50s and couldn’t register one score. 3 marks and 9 disposals. Just another nothing, zero impact game from him.

And as the other poster said when he does the simple things well we see them as positives rather than the bare minimum.

End it

Not mobile enough to be AFL level

Sellers in. Larkey or someone else chop out the ruck.

Or just concede the tap & set up to steal opp hitouts.
Today might have been a chance to give Larkey a run in the ruck (wasn't getting his hands on it up forward), but would have needed CCJ to step up as a forward in that case. That probably highlights the problem - when a supposedly versatile player like CCJ can't get near it, it not only has the side playing one short, but robs it of the intended versatility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back