Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the first quarter.
I just don't know how he is an AFL player.

He ran under the ball 3 times. A man with his height and frame, no one is spoiling him at his highest leap.
The man genuinely has no forward craft.

He is next to useless when the ball hits the deck. You cant have someone that immobile inside 50.

Clarko has to carry some of the blame for this.
I watched him at Moorabin 3 weeks ago and saw a footballer in a world of pain. He literally could not have played worse.
So what do the coaching staff proceed to do? Reward mediocrity and pick him in the opening 2 rounds.

Brad copped so much criticism for playing his duds, but if we genuinely don't drop this campaigner this week then you can't argue anything else than that were choosing to tank. Nothing else would make any sense.

Last edited:
Forrest had the hand eye coordination to be a ping pong champion. CCJ can’t even mark a football.
I know I defended him to you on the basis of two games in which he was important (a stance I can no longer take because he's been shithouse ever since) but I love your dedication to your CCJ dislike. A critical apollo_creed comment in this thread has become one of the great constants of life

Just watched the first quarter.
I just don't know how he is an AFL player.

He ran under the ball 3 times. A man of hie height and his frame, no one is spoiling him at his highest leap.
The man genuinely has no forward craft.

He is next to useless when the ball hits the deck. You cant have someone that immobile inside 50.

Clarko has to carry some of the blame for this.
I watched him at Moorabin 3 weeks ago and he sucked. He literally could not have played worse.
So what do the coaching staff proceed to do? Reward mediocrity and pick him in the opening 2 rounds.

Brad copped so much criticism for playing his duds, but if we genuinely don't drop this campaigner this week then you can't argue anything else than that were choosing to tank. Nothing else would make any sense.

100%

And we have a perfect replacement trying to learn key back. I can accept comben not playing due to wanting a string of vfl games to build his body up.

You can play CCJ and hope to be surprised when he plays well, but once you have enough evidence, which we know have, I mean a 30 inside 50 first half with no marks inside 50 is evidence, it’s time to call it.

Play sellers if comben isnt ready.

But CCJ needs to go back to the vfl for his own confidence if nothing else

I don't want to be that supporter, but I just don't and have pretty much never seen it. I don't think any structural improvements are worth it and haven't for a while. I'd have played Sellers today and I'd be doing the same next week either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paradoxically I thought be did a couple of  ok things 1st half to at least be some kind of forward line traffic cop.

This is coming off a very low bar. tazaa can only guess CJ runs around like peak Gary Lyon at training so Clarkson has given him a bank of games to quit the singing frog act on game day.

If it's not that and he's somehow there on merit though..

I know I defended him to you on the basis of two games in which he was important (a stance I can no longer take because he's been shithouse ever since) but I love your dedication to your CCJ dislike. A critical apollo_creed comment in this thread has become one of the great constants of life
To be honest I don’t dislike him or any other player in our side. Like everyone else mate I just really, really want us to win games of football. He definitely isn’t helping that.

Paradoxically I thought be did a couple of  ok things 1st half to at least be some kind of forward line traffic cop.

This is coming off a very low bar. tazaa can only guess CJ runs around like peak Gary Lyon at training so Clarkson has given him a bank of games to quit the singing frog act on game day.

If it's not that and he's somehow there on merit though..
If he was using his body as a battering ram to help Larkey get some separation then awesome. Well done.

But he’s absolutely invisible down there.

Go put your ******* knee into Alex Pearce’s back ffs and help your teammate.
God, his selection continually makes me angry. I can’t cop the campaigner.

Last edited:
If he was using his body as a bartering ram to help Larkey get some separation then awesome. Well done.

But he’s absolutely invisible down there.

Go put your ******* knee into Alex Pearce’s back ffs and help your teammate.
God, his selection continually makes me angry. I can’t cop the campaigner.
Rest assured brother I see it the same way.

Just CCJ Round 2 was like a Hall of Famer compared to cCJ Round 1.

Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

He is a constant reminder for me of the shitshow we were under Noble.

This guy was hand picked as a key pillar of Nobles team going forward.

The quicker he is gone, the quicker the stink will dissipate.

If Sellers isn’t given a shot after yesterday then I will start to have concerns on what the coaching group is trying to achieve.

He simply can not be selected this week. Enough’s enough. He’s been horrid for his entire tenure here, outside of a quarter against Sydney when he turned into prime Gary Dempsey.

Comben needs to be swung back to the forward line, and relieve Xerri for five minutes a quarter.

He’s embarrassing himself out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back