AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell is getting closer to AA with each passing week.
Geez, I would have thought he was a monty for AA selection.

Then again, the people who pick that team are absolute muppets so who the * really knows.

I don't think Heppell or Selwood will win it. Both could come close though.
Selwood > Fyfe > Kennedy > Ablett > Priddis > Beams > Stevie J > Heppell/Gray/Pendlebury/Liberatore is how I would have it at the moment.

Heppell coming home strong but won't get enough to challenge the top group in my opinion. 15-20 votes is his range.

But still, take nothing away from Heppell - superstar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liba has been average this year. Doesn't deserve to anywhere near the conversation. Neither does Priddis for that matter.
Overall, yeah, but he's played some massive games this year has Libba and polled very well last year. Priddis polls well regardless - who else do WCE have to take votes?

But let's not get sidetracked by talking about things Heppell won't win - let's talk about his best and fairest lock and probable All-Australian spot!

using the highest score for each round in 3.2.1 votes from 4 different AFL media outlets, i have been looking through to see who is a good smokey to make some money for brownlow night

First of all i map out each players absolute maximum possible score for the season. that is the highest vote that any media outlet gives them. Currently i have the main Brownlow chances at

Gary Ablett - 25
Joel Selwood - 24
Josh kennedy - 32
Nathan fyfe - 30
Matthew Priddis - 24

Then i map out the absolute minimum possible score, My formula for using this is to the 3rd biggest score from the 4 media outlets,

Gary Ablett - 23!!!!
Joel Selwood - 19
Josh Kennedy - 17
Nathan fyfe - 15
Matthew Priddis - 15

Best case scenario for Heppell will be 23 votes right now. so at best he will still only tie with Ablett and it is extremely unlikely that he would be on 23. Realisitically he is more likely on about 17-18 so he really needs to be BOG for the next two rounds to give himself a chance. but if he manages to scrape 4 votes in the first 6 rounds then he is definitely a real chance.

Heppells worst case scenario is 11.

to summarise, heppells odds at $7 are way too short at the moment to consider, save your money Guys. and gary ablett is still very good value!!!!

28 disposals in the 2nd half.

Into $7 in the brownlow betting on Sportsbet.

Heppell had 39 touches yesterday, after a relatively quiet first half he smashed his tag and gathered 13 touches in the 3rd quarter to get his team back in to it, then when the game was won amassed a staggering 16 possessions in the final term. I mean, that is Hird-like.

Imagine what Heppell will have done in this game by the time he retires.

Next captain for sure!!

Ever since he has debuted he has had this great skill of finding time and space, has really good decision making skills as well and is calm under pressure.

Probably my favourite opposition player these days, what a ******* freak. Has the Fyfe/Pendles and of course Hird ability to make it appear like he can stop time such is his composure and balance.

No, he doesn't need a haircut either. Want him to win the Brownlow this year.

With regards to haircuts, just Hurley and Steinberg pls. Need to be wary of the Samson effect though.

using the highest score for each round in 3.2.1 votes from 4 different AFL media outlets, i have been looking through to see who is a good smokey to make some money for brownlow night

First of all i map out each players absolute maximum possible score for the season. that is the highest vote that any media outlet gives them. Currently i have the main Brownlow chances at

Gary Ablett - 25
Joel Selwood - 24
Josh kennedy - 32
Nathan fyfe - 30
Matthew Priddis - 24

Then i map out the absolute minimum possible score, My formula for using this is to the 3rd biggest score from the 4 media outlets,

Gary Ablett - 23!!!!
Joel Selwood - 19
Josh Kennedy - 17
Nathan fyfe - 15
Matthew Priddis - 15

Best case scenario for Heppell will be 23 votes right now. so at best he will still only tie with Ablett and it is extremely unlikely that he would be on 23. Realisitically he is more likely on about 17-18 so he really needs to be BOG for the next two rounds to give himself a chance. but if he manages to scrape 4 votes in the first 6 rounds then he is definitely a real chance.

Heppells worst case scenario is 11.

to summarise, heppells odds at $7 are way too short at the moment to consider, save your money Guys. and gary ablett is still very good value!!!!
I got On Hepple a while ago. From memory I put $5 on it and I get about $175 if he wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back