Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

for those that have not seen this....
getting pick 120 back tell me we may be upgrading in the Draft?
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/2014-04-12/highlight-townsend-the-wrecking-ball

Agree...reckon we are using 120 to upgrade a rookie and flicking off other picks for upgrades elsewhere.

Loved the highlights....could see this being a huge win. Looks to have a half decent shoe, hard as....those tackles though WOWEEEE!

186cm...looked quite slim, but can see him filling out to be the big body crash and bash with Miles.

If it comes off and he plays well we have effectively got our Jarrod Redden for pick 70 instead of 17...plus we get to draft a doozy at 120.

I have no expectations for him, good or bad. Let him demonstrate what he's capable of and I'll judge him on that

Are you sure you are a Richmond fan???? That's far too sensible

People asking who he's replacing are missing that its Daniel Jackson

Since he abruptly retired, we have lacked someone who could stand up for the role of an inside enforcer who can make the opposition mids accountable

Don't care if his stats suck arse, if he can allow Cotch and co to get even half a second more free air, he will be a valuable addition

What happens when Towno sends Bryce Gibbs into the MCG turf face first at the opening bounce round 1?
I can almost hear the thud and the accompanying shriek of delight from 70,000 already.

Good thing about the way he tackles is that he shoots at the hips, so hopefully we won't get caught out by the duckers of the league. Looking forward to seeing him Crunch Murphy and Squibbs round one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? I know nothing about this kid.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
These are the exact types of players I was always hoping we'd be looking at from the new clubs.
Particularly the Giants who I've followed closely.
Everybody focused on the bright lights but it's a deep pool full of good kids, lot of tough,fast kids and he's a good one.
There's a couple of lesser knowns I'd love but he'll do fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will this mean they cut matt skinfolds? or will they form a dominant partnership in the middle of vfl ovals across the city?

Very happy, add in Yarran and we have had a very nice trade period as far as starting 22 additions are concerned.
Who comes out for the two?

Inb4 Hunt out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back