Past Lachie Henderson

Remove this Banner Ad

It depends on the location and type of the spurs.

Regardless of where it/they are, he won't be doing weights for 3.

The previous statement that he was on crutches indicates it's one foot, which is actually a good outcome, probably just from plantar fasciitis. He'll be able to use a hand cycle within 2 weeks and will be able to start swimming and doing seated weights within a month.

It'll heal fine, as long as he stays off it while its recovering. Won't disrupt his preseason too much.

I'm more worried about whether they missed it in the end of season checkups or if the fitness staff have him running a bit too much.

It depends on the location and type of the spurs.

Regardless of where it/they are, he won't be doing weights for 3.

The previous statement that he was on crutches indicates it's one foot, which is actually a good outcome, probably just from plantar fasciitis. He'll be able to use a hand cycle within 2 weeks and will be able to start swimming and doing seated weights within a month.

It'll heal fine, as long as he stays off it while its recovering. Won't disrupt his preseason too much.

I'm more worried about whether they missed it in the end of season checkups or if the fitness staff have him running a bit too much.

Is it one of those things which lies beneath the surface and slowly emerges? Or is it something caused by over-training?

Also if BB wants to put in that would be lovely too for all us non-medical types

Is it one of those things which lies beneath the surface and slowly emerges? Or is it something caused by over-training?

Also if BB wants to put in that would be lovely too for all us non-medical types

The grow very slowly over a fairly long period of time. They are caused by the body increasing bone density/repairing damage caused from pressure, stress, etc similar to a muscle repairing itself. So, playing a contact sport and running 60km + a week is a surefire way to get them.

So I guess while it that sense it can be caused by over-training, these things are very common for footballers and can present themselves in even your average country footballers training load. They only become an issue when the symptoms become a problem. Athletes can have bone spurs go untreated for decades.

bone spurs. 10 weeks. should be fine for round 1.
Is this where you got it from? Or are you the same bloke or heard it somewhere else?

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27358&start=600

Laguna Legend said:
i bumped into one of the core strength advisors for carlton on the 23rd dec who told me Hendo had done a hip a couple days before and would be out for 10 weeks....!!!!!!

confirmation anyone?

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27358&start=600

Hendo will be fine.

No Kreuzer, yet he has good endurance for a big bloke.

Completed a lot of the pre-season before Christmas, so he won't be as off the pace as our draftees. Might be in trouble if he had to play midfield, not forward where he doesn't have to do a lot of running. Yet Murphy played in round one and hit the ground running after having a hip operation on the 12th of January.

It's OK as long as PooMonkey doesn't start a thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VS Geelong (NAB Challenge match)

Got to the ground at quarter time and didn't see him - devastated as I very keen on seeing him play. Much to my delight he came out after half time but had a very quiet game. No more than five touches (from what I saw) and just couldn't get involved. Took a strong mark on the goal line, half way between the boundary and goal posts. Inexplicably kicked it back to Carrazzo who was 45 metres out on a 45 degree angle. Has to learn to back himself and take the shot. One play in particular, Garlett was running down the wing, Henderson leading his opponent into an empty forward line. Instead of having Garlett lob it up for him to run onto, Henderson doubled back and led at Garlett, who would have been no more than 15-20 metres away.

Needs to learn to use his size better too. At the moment his game revolves around heavy leads down the ground, which he's currently lacking the fitness to manage at present (was subbed heavily in the 2nd half). Needs to push into his opponents or hold back just a step, to stop them from getting an easy jump at the ball. Seemed to be playing as a decoy to Waite at times (who was very dangerous all day) also, which explains why he didn't get much of it.

Still, second game back from injury and he'll be much better from the run. Hopefully he's given permission to play for the Ants next week to regain some match fitness and get him ready to go for Richmond in round one. I imagine he'll have a far easier time against their lot than he did against Harry Taylor. :p

Our so called "fans" are disgusting. Sure, Hendo didn't have a good game by any stretch, but giving the bronx cheers when the announcement came that he had been subbed off for Walker was shocking.

Our so called "fans" are disgusting. Sure, Hendo didn't have a good game by any stretch, but giving the bronx cheers when the announcement came that he had been subbed off for Walker was shocking.

It really pissed me off when that happened, i had a frothing at the mouth Carlton supporter next to me yelling out how its the worst trade we've ever done etc etc.:confused::rolleyes:

Some of our supporters are real dead shits.:thumbsu:

Henderson is Brad Miller.

An absolute toiler at best.

His only AFL KPF attribute that is up to standard is lead-up workrate.

That is it. No more.

Yes he was underdone today, but they are the facts.

He is Brad Miller.
You were probably one of the dead shits who gave him the bronx cheers.

Cheers.

You were probably one of the dead shits who gave him the bronx cheers.

Cheers.

No.

I'm one of the dead shits who have watched every minute he has played in a CFC jumper who has concluded that he is no better than Brad Miller.

Brad Miller has played 100+ games of AFL footy. Played quite a few good workhorse games, even kicked a couple of bags of 4 or 5.

But 70% of the time he stunk it up.

That is what we have to look forward to with Hendo. He can't mark, he has no breakaway pace, he hasn't enough pack strength, he isn't crash hot at ground level, he isn't 2 sided and he doesn't have good goal sense.

He just has work rate.....when he is fit that is.

I don't like it being so, but i can't change it being so.

No.

I'm one of the dead shits who have watched every minute he has played in a CFC jumper who has concluded that he is no better than Brad Miller.

Brad Miller has played 100+ games of AFL footy. Played quite a few good workhorse games, even kicked a couple of bags of 4 or 5.

But 70% of the time he stunk it up.

That is what we have to look forward to with Hendo. He can't mark, he has no breakaway pace, he hasn't enough pack strength, he isn't crash hot at ground level, he isn't 2 sided and he doesn't have good goal sense.

He just has work rate.....when he is fit that is.

I don't like it being so, but i can't change it being so.

The most important thing is you not only admit it ........but accept it.:thumbsu:

Would someone like to point out what they think are Hendo's strengths?

Bearing in mind we are talking about AFL KPF here, what do you think will make him anything more than a Brad Miller plodder type?

Beyond him wearing a CFC jumper and us wanting and hoping he is a good player that is.

No abuse. Just some thought out posts please.

I'm interested. I'm all ears.

I think people are forgetting that this is Lachie's 4th season, and it is known that KPFs take a much longer time to develop. Also, of those four seasons, his first season was somewhat injury interrupted and a developing stage, and for his second season he was played predominantly as a CHB. Also, he's had an injury interrupted pre-season and after attending quite a few training sessions, he was one of our best trainers and his confidence was up, and the coach even said he was possibly the best on the track (but what would he know, apparently he has no idea). So, effectively, his first full pre season as a key position forward in the AFL was last year's pre-season, where he was adapting in a new environment, which is hard for anyone.

I'm not making any excuses for Lachie's performance yesterday. He was very unimpressive to say the least, but after attending both Bullants games, I would say he actually hadn't done enough to warrant selection. He had by no means struggled, but he hadn't dominated and in my opinion should have definitely played a few more weeks in the 2s to get his confidence up. Yesterday proved that. However, jumping on the boy's back after one half coming off an interrupted pre-season and going as far as delivering the sarcastic cheers when he was subbed off is simply deplorable and can only be detrimental to his confidence, and, as a result, his performance. When his confidence was up, he showed his true potential, kicking 10 goals in the last 4 games, 3 of those against Matty Scarlett. Get off the boy's back FFS.

He was clearly underdone from the first bounce, which didn't showcase one of his main traits: his work ethic. It was shown last year in the EF against Sydney how he got to the drop of the ball so many times after hard running, and the ability to read the game well also. In due course, you'd think he'd start clunking those more often than not. Also, for a relatively young player, he has shown great leadership so far, especially on the training track. Along with Army in the early going of pre-season, he was one of the more vocal ones at training and along with that, even when he was struggling yesterday, he never dropped his head and tried to make amends. Once again, that wasn't working for him yesterday, but really, was anything?*

The generalisation that he would be the immediate replacement for Fev is completely preposterous, and unfair on Lachie. But I guess that was always going to happen. However, Fev, with all his off-field antics aside, was one of the greats of the game and an amazing sight to see when at full flight. To set a massive task like that for a young man is completely unreasonable, but my thoughts were justified today: some of our supporters are equal to those of Collingwood and Essendon, as much as it pains me to say it. All of a sudden, their multiple years of bagging Thornton have seemingly been forgotten, because he would have done a better job than Hendo and Lachie shouldn't be offered another contract. Or the fact that we judge too harshly on Carrazzo, but Collins is a hack and that we should get rid of him after playing 1 and a quarter games in the Navy Blue. Completely ridiculous.

To all those ferals who expressed their disgust at Hendo and Collins along with others, why don't you head down to Visy Park on Monday at the open training session and say what you've either said on here or when you were at the ground, not amidst 78,000 odd people or behind a screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back