23 years of age: 12 Disposals per game, 1.4 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

His defensive pressure has really improved. Chases and tackling hard now. He also showed some ability to run with one noteable example against the Swans where he gathered at half back and then received for a shot on goal in forward 50. The kid seems to be coming along nicely.

Bojangles17 said:
he's a HFF , now served his apprenticeship and delivering us the goods....more importantly what are his stats this year as this is more of what we should expect rather than dilute his performances with his first couple of seasons...go back to the drawing board!
Correct

I think we should keep him. He is never going to be a total star, but is a handy contributor. He is finally showing more than just potential. Has always been a little soft, but is starting to go in a little harder, laying some good tackles and taking some good marks. He would have to be one of the best kicks on our team too, especially from set shots at goal. Worth keeping if he doesn't cost us too much money, which he shouldn't.

Games: 7, Disposals: 5.4, Marks: 2.7, Goals: 1.1

Games: 10, Disposals: 5.9, Marks: 2.8, Goals: 0.7

Games: 10, Disposals: 7.1, Marks: 2.7, Goals: 0.4

Games: 10, Disposals: 11.7, Marks: 3.2, Goals: 0.5

Games: 13, Disposals: 12.7, Marks: 4.8, Goals: 1.4

Severe improvement there, also mixed with more game time. I'd be keeping him.

I'm definitely in favour of keeping him (although if the right offer came along...). He's improved a lot this year, but like any forward he's struggled when the team has played badly. His set shot kicking and marking on the lead are his strengths, hopefully he can keep improving his defensive work and better delivery inside the 50 where he often takes too long making up his mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bojangles17 said:
he's a HFF , now served his apprenticeship and delivering us the goods....more importantly what are his stats this year as this is more of what we should expect rather than dilute his performances with his first couple of seasons...go back to the drawing board!

A Half Forward Flanker ... Exactly right.

Many seem to look purely at where Frawley played him the majority of the time and forget that the kid was drafted as a forward.

Frawley tried to turn him into a run with midfielder/wingman .... He is a forward, Terry has primarilly played him there this year and finally started to come through.

I don't hate Frawls but Pettifer is an example of why he was never going to be a good coach.

Yes we should stick with Kayne.

meltiger said:
A Half Forward Flanker ... Exactly right.

Many seem to look purely at where Frawley played him the majority of the time and forget that the kid was drafted as a forward.

Frawley tried to turn him into a run with midfielder/wingman .... He is a forward, Terry has primarilly played him there this year and finally started to come through.

I don't hate Frawls but Pettifer is an example of why he was never going to be a good coach.

Yes we should stick with Kayne.

I totally agree with all comments except the one about Spud. Sorry I cant stand the buggar! As a player, coach or commentator. All 3 were and are just plain dumb.

Am i the only one who when i see pettifer taking a shot from 50 or further back, it just feels like just about a certain goal? And yes, i am saying that seriously.

Oh, and i also say keep him, he's got some passion.

rfctigerarmy said:
Yep, another year. We lack depth anyway, whats the point in getting rid of him? Its not like we'll get a top 40 draft pick anyway.
I think Sydney gave up pick 17 for Nick Davis. On talent, performance and "hardness" they are both very similar, although Davis was traded before he had developed as much 'baggage' and maybe had a few more runs on the board at the time.

Pettifer seems to be continuously improving his attitude. It started last year when he was playing pretty well until injury then has continued on this year.

lucas_hsv said:
Am i the only one who when i see pettifer taking a shot from 50 or further back, it just feels like just about a certain goal? And yes, i am saying that seriously.

Oh, and i also say keep him, he's got some passion.

He is a loverly kick for goal.

Pity he's also soft as butter.

The most impressive thing about Kayne is his kick and I would keep him for this purpose. We need players who can kick well. Even if he stands away from the contest and plays as a receiver I would be happy because I know he will hit our player on the chest. AND HE IS ALSO A VERY GOOD KICK AT GOAL. Lets keep him ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back