Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end 🍷

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 54 in the 07 draft

Not one player I would have taken that was available after him.. In fact, he'd be fighting to be a top 10 pick from that draft
We took Tayte Pears at 23, Darcy Daniher at 39 and Cale Hooker at 54. 3 key defenders, and Hooker the best of them by a country mile.

Although I reckon Daniher would have been a solid 3rd tall forward. But that's irrelevant.

We took Tayte Pears at 23, Darcy Daniher at 39 and Cale Hooker at 54. 3 key defenders, and Hooker the best of them by a country mile.

Although I reckon Daniher would have been a solid 3rd tall forward. But that's irrelevant.
Injuries killed him.

It's frighting to think we could have given him to the hawks for two second rounders.

They rated him.

Jesus they're just clinical with their player management... Well... Excluding a certain Melbourne potato.

St. Kilda were after Mitch Brown from WC and they brought Hooker into the discussion as replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The deal on the table was:

Essendon get picks 25 and 26
West Coast get Hooker
St. Kilda get Brown

People rave on about Rance being the best defender in the comp but they are plain WRONG.
This bloke is by far better. Cant believe i wanted to trade the bloke a few years ago :oops:.

Can literally do what he wants on the field at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back