Premiership Player
Suspended
May 30, 2009
Etihad or MCG
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Newcastle United
That is the Gold Coast's crowd. Pretty good if you ask me.
What do you think?

Great effort by the Suns. Hopefully they can keep most coming to the games after being smashed by so much. Even if they only manage an average of 20k by the end of the season it will be a great result, taking into account the size of their proper home stadium (25k). Moving to the Gold Coast when the stadium is complete should also help the crowds.

They would have got a few extras for the history of it being the first game (I alsmot went along myself). How many show up for the next one after a 150 point flogging and no excitment of it being the first game?

First game was bound to drawn onlookers.

When we're hitting the middle of the year and the novelty has worn off, then you'll get some proper crowd figures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will be tough for them to back it up. Lot of first game onlookers.

A lot of Carlton fans at the game. When the Blues ran out onto the ground Malcolm Blight thought it was the Gold Coast running out, very loud for the Blues all night.

About 20k would've been Carlton supporters. Watch the crowd drop if they keep getting spanked.

They probably gave out free tickets to get them in the door

Who cares? its called MARKETING and all successfull companies do it!

A hell of a lot more than the Bears got in their early days and considering the game was played 100 KMS from the GC it was an excellent crowd first up and also beat the Broncos crowd the night before.

VERY good effort to rake in that many spectators. They won't match it though, I suspect half of them rocked up to see what all the fuss was about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back