Player Watch #28: Bigoa Nyuon

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah thought it was just a corky

Which might have been a bad one that restricted movement then on

I remember playing for Dingley Under 17s in a game against Cranbourne in the old SWGFL. We were a bad team and I was a bad player given a job that was above my capacity. At some point in the game I got a knock on my thigh which hurt but I made a point of limping around for a while maybe hoping that I'd be taken off, or at least hoping that someone would buy it as a reason I was getting pantsed. Neither happened.

North Melbourne is Dingley U17s 1988. Biggie is me.

He does not watch the ball. He watches his opponent. Therefore he can never affect the play positively and will always be behind his opponent. Horrific today.

Yep, saw the exact same thing. I think it was in the last quarter. Ball was kicked to Chol on our fwd flank, Biggie was 5 or so meters away. Biggie never looked at the ball once, just watched Chol the whole time and in the end, Chol took a rather uncontested mark. That's just really bad football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He either refused to, or was incapable of putting pressure on his man. Yeah he got a knock early but I don’t give a crap. If you’re on the ground then you play for keeps. Continued half hearted efforts allowing his man to run off him like he wasn’t even out there. Had no idea what was happening with his man in the vicinity or what he should be doing. Completely clueless.

I’m rarely this harsh or ruthless about a player, especially after only their 2nd or 3rd game for the club but he should NEVER wear our colours again. Brady you’re a shocker!!!
Why wasn’t he subbed in the 2nd?

Looked lost. But he also didn't make up for that with any sort of effort. Dawson (if fit) or Pink has to replace. Then eventually Logue.

As someone else mentioned, he has a good reach and I really like his field kicking. I argue we should have thrown Biggie forward instead of Chom. Get him to focus on the ball and not the player.

I am seriously afraid to check the Aidan Coor thread based on what I'm seeing here in this player thread. I suspect there will be some seriously heavy comments over there.
Time to do a poll....
Who would you have in the side atm....Biggie or Corr.
No other choices or comments are accepted.. :D

The scheme does him no favours and I like him more than Pink.

I think you have to persist with him until Kallan Dawson is back. There's no point between switching back and forth between Pink and Nyuon every other week.
Where does it say we have to play three key defenders? I'd get Archer in and let McDonald play tall. Not perfect least we wouldn't be a footballer down on the field to start the game.

Agree.

Archer and/or Hardeman to release Sheez.
At least two of Archer, Hardeman and Bergman should be play irrespective of form. There's an argument for all three. Would get Sheezel out of defence and Fisher and Biggy out of the team. Maybe play George too so Scott can go back to the wing. It's just a horrendous situation.

I really like this idea, and will now be disappointed with any other outcome.
I guess the issue is Comben gets less freedom but, in his words, he believes his role is to line up on the #1 forward to begin with. I'd trust Archer to block for Comben over Biggy, Fisher, Scott or any other reject that lines up in our back six.

Where does it say we have to play three key defenders? I'd get Archer in and let McDonald play tall. Not perfect least we wouldn't be a footballer down on the field to start the game.
I agree with this. Biggie's height is almost irrelevant going off yesterday because he never actually competes with his opponent one on one in a marking contest or initiates any kind of body contact. He didn't block, push or scrimmage. He's usually zoning off 5 metres away. His most eye catching moments are when he comes third man over the top of a contest to spoil, which only happens when opponents have failed to spot his man in 5 metres of space. His lack of defensive pressure or physical contact was glaring yeterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back