3 players retired by the AFL, due to addiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting tweet by Mark Stevens stating that Harcourt also mentioned that the AFL retired 3 players due to addiction to illicit substances.

No surprise really, but it's interesting that the AFL have gotten involved in this way.

Didn't the Weagles retire a certain player at their 2007 awards night without his prior knowledge?

How does the AFL 'retire' somebody? Sounds like a mafia hit

If they try to retire someone who doesn't want to retire what happens then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you click on the link... you can see that

Ben Cousins, Rowan Jones, Chris Judd, Daniel Chick and Mitch Morton all played their final games for the Eagles in 2007.

I posted the link in response to 'Da Wiz' above who said this:
Didn't the Weagles retire a certain player at their 2007 awards night without his prior knowledge?

I'm not agreeing with that poster as I don't know whether it's true or not. But those players above are the ones who no longer played for the Eagles after their 2007 awards night.

And if the ?????? response was directed at me calling Rowan Jones a champion, well here ya go..

'West Coast Coach John Worsfold had high praise for the retiring Jones stating - "He's a life member of the football club, he's been vice-captain of the football club, he's the best clubman, he's a premiership player – that puts him in the top echelon of players who have ever worn the Eagles jumper,"'

If you click on the link... you can see that

Ben Cousins, Rowan Jones, Chris Judd, Daniel Chick and Mitch Morton all played their final games for the Eagles in 2007.

I posted the link in response to 'Da Wiz' above who said this:

I'm not agreeing with that poster as I don't know whether it's true or not. But those players above are the ones who no longer played for the Eagles after their 2007 awards night.

And if the ?????? response was directed at me calling Rowan Jones a champion, well here ya go..

'West Coast Coach John Worsfold had high praise for the retiring Jones stating - "He's a life member of the football club, he's been vice-captain of the football club, he's the best clubman, he's a premiership player – that puts him in the top echelon of players who have ever worn the Eagles jumper,"'

Sorry I was not having a go at you.... simply wondering if the aforementioned person is someone with only four fingers (actually 3 fingers and a thumb)?

Wasn't that Richmond who retired a few blokes but they hadn't been told yet and they only found out when the captain thanked them for their service in his B & F speech/

Difference btwn retirement and "moving on"

The only one of that group not including Jones who didn't get a gig elsewhere was Chick....who was subsequently charged with possession ( or was it dealing? ) some time later.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back