Retired #31: Dustin Fletcher - Legend & VFL Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno about anyone else but i'm really excited for Fletch to make 400. Its just such an epic milestone and will further cement his place in history. Fletch has been an absolute icon of our club for the last 2 decades and its so great that he will reach this achievement. Hopefully we can get an absolutely massive crowd and a win for Fletch in his 400th.

We haven't had that much to cheer about in recent years so this is a good moment.

I hope he doesn't play against Richmond, I don't want the 400th game to take away from the Dreamtime at the G! Against Geelong please!

A) Suggesting we should leave a player out so a milestone is in a certain game is slightly ridiculous
B) Suggesting we should leave a player out so a milestone game is in front of 40,000 at Etihad instead of 80-90,000 at the MCG is ridiculous

I hope he doesn't play against Richmond, I don't want the 400th game to take away from the Dreamtime at the G! Against Geelong please!

I agree.
I think people are not realising the significance of Fletch playing his 400th as an Away game.
Sure there will be a bigger crowd but Richmond home members will fill out level one and Essendon members/fans will be stuck up on level 4.
The match is headed for 85k plus, only level 4 tickets are available now.

Let's deliberately managed Fletch so he plays his 400th at Etihad the following home game. The red and black cauldron. Our home game we could do whatever we want! Banners, speeches, special guests, Fletch mementos for the crowd or whatever the fan engagement people at the club think will be cool.

Rare milestone that deserves proper recognition. Put the team fortunes aside as a once off and make Fletch the focus.
I'd rather an hour long celebration of Fletch prior to the Geelong game compared to say 15 minutes crammed in during the Dreamtime pre-match entertainment and Richmond's pre match tiger time entertainment.

I agree.
I think people are not realising the significance of Fletch playing his 400th as an Away game.
Sure there will be a bigger crowd but Richmond home members will fill out level one and Essendon members/fans will be stuck up on level 4.
The match is headed for 85k plus, only level 4 tickets are available now.

Let's deliberately managed Fletch so he plays his 400th at Etihad the following home game. The red and black cauldron. Our home game we could do whatever we want! Banners, speeches, special guests, Fletch mementos for the crowd or whatever the fan engagement people at the club think will be cool.

Rare milestone that deserves proper recognition. Put the team fortunes aside as a once off and make Fletch the focus.
I'd rather an hour long celebration of Fletch prior to the Geelong game compared to say 15 minutes crammed in during the Dreamtime pre-match entertainment and Richmond's pre match tiger time entertainment.
I think you're underestimating the significance of Fletcher playing his 400th. Richmond are one of two other clubs that can understand the significance of the occasion, they're one of our biggest rivals and it's a perfect occasion to have a 400th. Big game against a major rival, already a blockbuster match and two clubs who can share the passion and understanding of what it means for a 400 game player.

I think you're underestimating the significance of Fletcher playing his 400th. Richmond are one of two other clubs that can understand the significance of the occasion, they're one of our biggest rivals and it's a perfect occasion to have a 400th. Big game against a major rival, already a blockbuster match and two clubs who can share the passion and understanding of what it means for a 400 game player.

If the Richmond games does turn out to be his 400th, I hope Sheedy can weave his magic with his old mates at Richmond and basically turn the pre-match timeslot into our 'home' game and have a focus on Fletch not just dream time performances and tiger drums....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Geelong have no idea ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back