Retired #31: Dustin Fletcher - Legend & VFL Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I predict he will play 14 games in 2015 and there will be 2 calls for him early in the season to consider playing in 2016.

2015 has to be his last year. I can't see him going on any longer.
I agree, but people have been saying that about Fletcher for the last 10 years.

11 - The number of players on the list born AFTER Fletcher's debut.
Friggen unbelievable really.. a whole generation of AFL footballers that have never known a year without Fletcher playing in the Sash... far out!!

Feel quite emotional just thinking about it!

Just a champion. And more than a champion.

I've always thought that Fletch was a straight-out fair & honest player as well (apart from a few trips but that was more instinctual). I've a sainters mate though who (with full admiration) will say Fletch is the master of the subtle little elbow, and the occasional short-arm jab - as befits an old-school full-back I suppose ... "Nana Fletcher" he calls him. Can't see it myself.

just thinking about it....

with all the svelt, ripped, super athletes playing our game, the programmed robotic frames, gym routines all the same, all aiming to be the same..

who are the ones who have played the most games? the freaks of nature who wouldnt make it past the combine now.

Tuck - wirey homless looking dude with pointy elbows and a hunched back.
Bartlett - gnome looking freak with a combover and a hunched back.
Harvey/Bradley - podgey looking guys with weird running gaits and hunched backs.
Fletcher - wirey guy with long arms and a hunched back.
Madden - pointy elbows, hunched back.
Boomer - Midget.

is there anything to this? Are out players so ripped that their bodies cant last?

Are these freaks so finely tuned that they didnt even need muscle to perform?

whats with the hunched postures?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloydy coulda cracked Pluggers record by now had he been blessed with a couple of Fletch's genes
If Lloydy had Fletch's genes we'd be a contender.

what's the latest? will he be right for Carlscum next weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back