Player Watch #32 Jaiden Magor

Remove this Banner Ad

Height: 185cm
Weight: 79kg
D.O.B: 16-02-2004
Midfield/Forward

“South Adelaide’s Jaiden Magor is a dynamic forward/midfielder capable of impacting the scoreboard in attack and winning his own ball with power through the middle.”

Last edited:
Of all our selections this is the guy who excites me the most.
I was really surprised he made it through to our pick and delighted we took the opportunity to select him and now hoping he delivers on his undoubted talent.

Definitely a guy with the X-factor.

Go well Jaiden.:thumbsupv1:

EDIT; vid added

Last edited:

Height: 185cm
Weight: 79kg
D.O.B: 16-02-200
Midfield/Forward

“South Adelaide’s Jaiden Magor is a dynamic forward/midfielder capable of impacting the scoreboard in attack and winning his own ball with power through the middle.”

Bloody hell the kid is over 1800 years old.

Reminds me a bit of Will Hayward, but maybe that is just the SA connection?

I was really surprised he made it through to our pick and delighted we took the opportunity to select him and now hoping he delivers on his undoubted talent.

EDIT; vid added

Boy did that video get me excited

I reckon we needed to take a mid and Jaiden is it. Goalkicking is a bonus.
Yeah the fact that his inside game, clean hands and power are noted strengths is promising. I reckon he'll play mostly mid in reserves since we lost Taylor, Bell and Ronke, unless we have someone like Clarke lose his spot (to someone other than Sheldrick or Roberts), but will roll forward at times. Good weapon to have. Increases his chances of getting a debut sooner too.

Yeah the fact that his inside game, clean hands and power are noted strengths is promising. I reckon he'll play mostly mid in reserves since we lost Taylor, Bell and Ronke, unless we have someone like Clarke lose his spot (to someone other than Sheldrick or Roberts), but will roll forward at times. Good weapon to have. Increases his chances of getting a debut sooner too.

Looks nicely built too now I'm not saying he'll play r1, but he has a body if need be that could play a game or two next season. We seem to love these multi positioned mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why’d he slide to the rookie draft?
Limited sample size maybe? He missed 2 months with injury. It was one of those drafts where the recruiters and the draft experts didn't seem to have the same opinions on talent outside of the first round. Players like Szybowski, Gilbey, and Hagan didn't get picked up at all while Kinnear & Co. had "bolters" Vickery and Mitchell ranked in the top 20

Looks nicely built too now I'm not saying he'll play r1, but he has a body if need be that could play a game or two next season. We seem to love these multi positioned mids.
Pretty much identical height/weight to Rowbottom when drafted, who played 12 games in his debut season. Now, we're in a vastly different place than back then, and I doubt Magor gets more than one or two games at most, maybe none, but his forward prowess will help him. We certainly wouldn't be putting him into the mids at senior level.

Pretty much identical height/weight to Rowbottom when drafted, who played 12 games in his debut season. Now, we're in a vastly different place than back then, and I doubt Magor gets more than one or two games at most, maybe none, but his forward prowess will help him. We certainly wouldn't be putting him into the mids at senior level.

Never know with injuries but you’d hope not. There would be a few ahead

I first saw this guy in the U18 game SA v Allies and was impressed with his movement and a couple of goals he kicked, one a routine 35m shot straight in front and then a round the corner kick from the fwd pocket. The first with his right foot, the second with his left. (Both goals in the vid above).
Unfortunately he went off injured in that game and wasn't sighted until the last 2 SANFL colts games for the season.

It wasn't a star performance by any means, but I then had a look at his stats in the state U18 comp.
The 3 games prior to the Allies game, he had 24, 41 & 28 disposals, 5 goals, ave 7 clearances & ave 4 tackles.

I've only seen the highlights of his 2 games back, but 5 goals & 6 goals in those matches. (highlights in the vid above) and to quote the analyst in that vid "put the team on his back" in the final game when his team was 4 goals down at 3Q time. Kicked 4 in the last including the match winner.

Link to his stats from the SANFL U18 comp;

Averages 22 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 4 clearances and 2 goals.

Pretty happy we selected this guy. :D

I first saw this guy in the U18 game SA v Allies and was impressed with his movement and a couple of goals he kicked, one a routine 35m shot straight in front and then a round the corner kick from the fwd pocket. The first with his right foot, the second with his left. (Both goals in the vid above).
Unfortunately he went off injured in that game and wasn't sighted until the last 2 SANFL colts games for the season.

It wasn't a star performance by any means, but I then had a look at his stats in the state U18 comp.
The 3 games prior to the Allies game, he had 24, 41 & 28 disposals, 5 goals, ave 7 clearances & ave 4 tackles.

I've only seen the highlights of his 2 games back, but 5 goals & 6 goals in those matches. (highlights in the vid above) and to quote the analyst in that vid "put the team on his back" in the final game when his team was 4 goals down at 3Q time. Kicked 4 in the last including the match winner.

Link to his stats from the SANFL U18 comp;

Averages 22 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 4 clearances and 2 goals.

Pretty happy we selected this guy. :D
That Glenelg statline, ****ing wow

I liked that video. If he can regularly win lots of possessions and kick multiple goals at U18 level, that is a promising base to build off.

I also like his versatility as a dangerous medium forward or adding something different to our midfield.

Seems some similarity to Brayden George where he has been injured for a lot of the season yet still played several dominant games as a medium forward. But at least Magor is ready to go for next season.

I liked that video. If he can regularly win lots of possessions and kick multiple goals at U18 level, that is a promising base to build off.

I also like his versatility as a dangerous medium forward or adding something different to our midfield.

Seems some similarity to Brayden George where he has been injured for a lot of the season yet still played several dominant games as a medium forward. But at least Magor is ready to go for next season.

Yes Magor had a much less serious injury than George so not only will he be ready next year but there is less of a risk of him getting injured again.

EDIT; vid added
Are you in SA HB? If you are you would have seen plenty on him. I hope he makes it. Good story

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back