AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

There has been a lot of negatives this year but Laverde is definitely a positive. I would love him to get a Rising Star nomination (I know its not really that important) but its very hard to get one in a team that loses every week. He will still be eligible next year at least. He is a good size and hopefully will increase his tank to play more midfield time next season.

Has a beautiful 360 one step that creates space when in traffic.

Along with Langford, focus needs to be on development as a midfielder for the rest of the year & over the pre-season.

Very important that Langford & Laverde are part of the starting midfield rotations for 2016.

Not as quick as I originally thought, but he's a smooth mover and knows how to evade in traffic.

Very happy with his effort so far.

Has a beautiful 360 one step that creates space when in traffic.

Along with Langford, focus needs to be on development as a midfielder for the rest of the year & over the pre-season.

Very important that Langford & Laverde are part of the starting midfield rotations for 2016.
Nah. Happy for them to still predominantly play forward next year. They can develop their midfield play by pushing high on occasion and having the odd burst in the middle.

I'd much prefer we're trying to fit Watson, Myers, Hocking, Heppell, Goddard, Stanton, Zerrett, Zaka and Colyer in our midfield rotation next year. That'd mean we're pretty much injury free and probably having a good year. It'd be great if Howlett is cutting it up in the VFL as well.

Nah. Happy for them to still predominantly play forward next year. They can develop their midfield play by pushing high on occasion and having the odd burst in the middle.

I'd much prefer we're trying to fit Watson, Myers, Hocking, Heppell, Goddard, Stanton, Zerrett, Zaka and Colyer in our midfield rotation next year. That'd mean we're pretty much injury free and probably having a good year. It'd be great if Howlett is cutting it up in the VFL as well.
Whilst it would be great for all mentioned to be fit next year, I would hope 2016 has greatly reduced midfield time for Watson Goddard and Stanton

Laverde wanted to get to the EFC and put in very poor showings at interviews.

He wasn't the first nor will be the last to do it. Essendon got their guy and Dodoro comes out hero. It happens.
I also heard that Boekhurst tanked his interviews to make sure he got to Carlton. Win win for everyone involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a first year player his hand under heat are great. Much better than Zaka, Stanton and Goddard who seem to fumble a lot.

He's going to make the Ryder loss insignificant next year. He'll be best 22 from next year based on form and not the play kids factor.

He'll be Fyfe like in 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back