VFL Past #48: Kyle Hardingham - Made the VFL team of the year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know if he's been offered another contract? Would be strange otherwise given he's only "seeking a trade" when the club has been quite clear on Jetta being a DFA. Handy enough depth, particularly with that tricky sixth defensive spot as Fletcher eases into adult diapers, so would make sense to keep him around.

Anyone know if he's been offered another contract? Would be strange otherwise given he's only "seeking a trade" when the club has been quite clear on Jetta being a DFA. Handy enough depth, particularly with that tricky sixth defensive spot as Fletcher eases into adult diapers, so would make sense to keep him around.
Might be a case of him looking elsewhere and if there are no other teams interested then we might offer him one more year.

Strong rumours there has been very little interest from other clubs. Possible move to Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've thought he'd definitely improve a Melboure, St Kilda, GWS or the like. But then I guess improving to be competitive isn't in the Melbourne psyche, asking for priority picks to **** up is.
St. Kilda could do a lot worse. Put him in a pocket, have an alternative option to Riewoldt.

Always thought Hardy has been given the short end of the stick. Was handy and kicked 2-3 goals every game for the first few weeks. Then had 2 off games and was yanked never to be seen again except as a topic of ridicule on BF. So many players got more chances than that.

Sincerely hope he gets a chance to prove himself at a new club. Good luck mate.

does anyone remember what we got for Jenkins and/or for Richards?
It was Jenkins and Pick 41 (Mitch Grigg) for Pick 31 (Jackson Merrett). I for one am satisfied with that trade, Jackson Merrett will play over 100 games for us.

Richards for Pick 19 (Courtenay Dempsey) and Pick 50 (Sam Lonergan). Not exactly a win but not exactly a loss either. Dempsey is a 100 gamer for us.

It was Jenkins and Pick 41 (Mitch Grigg) for Pick 31 (Jackson Merrett). I for one am satisfied with that trade, Jackson Merrett will play over 100 games for us.

Richards for Pick 19 (Courtenay Dempsey) and Pick 50 (Sam Lonergan). Not exactly a win but not exactly a loss either. Dempsey is a 100 gamer for us.
fair enough.

And i thought Longergan was alright and was a bit surprised when he was delisted.

cheers. any idea of who we drafted from those picks?
There you go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back