VFL Past #48: Kyle Hardingham - Made the VFL team of the year!

Remove this Banner Ad

cheers. any idea of who we drafted from those picks?
It was Jenkins and Pick 41 (Mitch Grigg) for Pick 31 (Jackson Merrett). I for one am satisfied with that trade, Jackson Merrett will play over 100 games for us.

Richards for Pick 19 (Courtenay Dempsey) and Pick 50 (Sam Lonergan). Not exactly a win but not exactly a loss either. Dempsey is a 100 gamer for us.
:thumbsu:

I am genuinely surpised there is little interest in Hardingham. He is an AFL standard small to medium defender.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't real interest. Otherwise he wouldn't have walked. Look at Liam Jones - turns down a contract offer to pursue "greater opportunities" - you don't do that without interest from elsewhere. Your manager would be sounding that out during the season.

Hardingham either has interest from elsewhere, a guarantee he's being delisted, or the worst manager in the world.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't real interest. Otherwise he wouldn't have walked. Look at Liam Jones - turns down a contract offer to pursue "greater opportunities" - you don't do that without interest from elsewhere. Your manager would be sounding that out during the season.

Hardingham either has interest from elsewhere, a guarantee he's being delisted, or the worst manager in the world.
Is there still a chance we have said that a 1 year offer is on the table? As in, perhaps we were offering a 1 year deal but he knows opportunity is limited for him and thus he wants to see what other options present?

Is there still a chance we have said that a 1 year offer is on the table? As in, perhaps we were offering a 1 year deal but he knows opportunity is limited for him and thus he wants to see what other options present?

The manager's job is to sound out interest before requesting a trade.

The manager's job is to sound out interest before requesting a trade.
Yes. I wasn't disputing that. I was just asking whether you think we might have still offered him a one year contract but he wants to see what other options are available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt we will get anything of substance back for him. All I would want Essendon to do is to get him to a club of his choice. We'll most likely end up getting a 5th/6th round pick back. That's ok. He tried his best for our club and it didn't turn out.

Had a good chuckle when Lonergan said he was surprised to be delisted.

Is there any interest in him what so ever?
Zero.. but keep talking him up...

Perhaps clubs are just 'wary' because of potential bans.. not because he is a rank VFL player at best..

Will.The.Knights.Farkups.Ever.End.

Zero.. but keep talking him up...

Perhaps clubs are just 'wary' because of potential bans.. not because he is a rank VFL player at best..

Will.The.Knights.Farkups.Ever.End.
You've got nfi

What picks do Bullcreek Leeming have? Should aim for around their 3rd rounder.. :p

But seriously, Id prefer to keep him than get some meaningless draft pick for him. Quite a handy versatile depth player to have around.
He hasnt done the ol' "walked out on us" or anything has he? Just throwing his hat out there to see if there are any interest?

You've got nfi
So what value would assign him oh mighty one?

Cause he announced he was open to offer three weeks ago... and so far we have heard diddly squat about any clubs even remotely interested...

I'd suggest that means he isn't wanted by anyone.. I also don't see the club suggesting they are at all keen to keep him either..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back