AFL Player #36: Jayden Davey

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played great on the weekend. Will be pushing for senior selection this season.
jebus, you try to be positive for once and all these wet blankets come out

It's suss because the last time he was up and about was for Jake Long.
he just needed another 5 years, and he would've come good

He put a 4 quarter game together against Williamstown, did the actual, as opposed to the fake-uncle-impersonating-in-name-only, Alwyn Jr.

15 possessions and 3.2 is a great starting point and accurate reflection of a very dangerous attacking small forward's game. He was pretty lethal around the ball while forward, very dynamic in a way that he has not been consistently to this point. There was at least 1 really good finish and one really good score involvement / assist. I think he also hit the post.

Having said that the '0' in the tackles column also properly reflects a non-existent defensive game. I suspect the pressure acts column would be as grim. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to work rate / lack of general match conditioning. It should not be forgotten that he's not really played competitive footy for 3 years and that he's building a game back from scratch.

Now that he's got the attacking phase under his belt, he needs to be more than just a spitting image of the old man both physically and with ball in hand, he needs to show the defensive intent of Alwyn Sr at his best.

Still, we should be happy with his game. It's the first time we've seen the theory of what he could be (at least as an attacking player) put into practice and it was good. Prettay, prettay good.

Last edited:
He put a 4 quarter game together against Williamstown, did the actual, as opposed to the fake-uncle-impersonating-in-name-only, Alwyn Jr.

15 possessions and 3.2 is a great starting point and accurate reflection of a very dangerous attacking small forward's game. He was pretty lethal around the ball while forward, very dynamic in a way that he has not been consistently to this point. There was at least 1 really good finish and one really good score involvement / assist. I think he also hit the post.

Having said that the '0' in the tackles column also properly reflects a non-existent defensive game. I suspect the pressure acts column would be as grim. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to work rate / lack of general match conditioning. It should not be forgotten that he's not really played competitive footy for 3 years and that he's building a game back from scratch.

Now that he's got the attacking phase under his belt, he needs to be more than just a spitting image of the old man both physically and with ball in hand, he needs to show the defensive intent of Alwyn Sr at his best.

Still, we should be happy with his game. It's the first time we've seen the theory of what he could be (at least as an attacking player) put into practice and it was good. Prettay, prettay good.
what’s his tackling/pressure like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back