Remove this Banner Ad

Entirely due to the new stadium in Perth being able to host 20,000 more fans per game.

Would be interesting to see what the numbers would be like if that was accounted for.
Not all that different. About 13000 a week.
Westcoast up about 12K and Fremantle about 3K average over the season. In the remaining 6 games I expect WC av will drop about 3K and Freo will pick up the 3K. That said the new stadium has been great for the Perth based teams and for AFL numbers in general.
Richmond, Collingwood and Geelong all up about 5K to 16 games.
Hawthorn 6K, Bulldogs 5K and Saints 4K the three significant downs.
Others all within about 2K of last year up and down.

Wont get the 7 million. Just too many games at small stadiums. 11 at the MCG and only 7 of these are two Victorian clubs.

Yep sounds about right. Weather has been quite bad for many Optus Stadium games and combined with the Dockers' indifferent form we certainly aren't packing 60,000 week in week out for both teams.
Don't West Coast try and slug fans like $80 for nose bleed seats?

Don't West Coast try and slug fans like $80 for nose bleed seats?

Of course. However, we still packed it out for Richmond for example and although we complain about prices here people do obviously pay it. There are still lots of loaded fans in WA.

The weather this year however has been quite wet and miserable.

Of course. However, we still packed it out for Richmond for example and although we complain about prices here people do obviously pay it. There are still lots of loaded fans in WA.

The weather this year however has been quite wet and miserable.
Have the West Coast games got more full recently? Maybe they dropped the prices.

Have the West Coast games got more full recently? Maybe they dropped the prices.

Are you talking about compared to how full we packed Subi? Because if so then definitely not. I think 60,000 is definitely about right in the medium term.

Are you talking about compared to how full we packed Subi? Because if so then definitely not. I think 60,000 is definitely about right in the medium term.
No the new stadium, early on there was a surprising amount of empty seats at WC high up games which I assumed would have been mostly due to ridiculous pricing. Ground seems fuller recently.

No the new stadium, early on there was a surprising amount of empty seats at WC high up games which I assumed would have been mostly due to ridiculous pricing. Ground seems fuller recently.

As we keep winning the people will keep coming. At the start of the year no-one expected us to keep winning.

It's the way of the sport. No one likes you when you're losing.

I haven't heard of any reductions in ticket prices.

Not including the Gold Coast home game, this year it [Gabba average attendance] sits at 18,400, which is almost 2,300 up on this time last year.

I would expect that number to increase if Brisbane keep getting the results they have been the past few weeks.

More people catching on that there are some tickets available to non members maybe?

Entirely due to the new stadium in Perth being able to host 20,000 more fans per game.

Would be interesting to see what the numbers would be like if that was accounted for.

West Coast are averaging about 17,000 more per game, Freo are up about 10,000 per game - so there is definitely still room for improvement there in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think West Coast's crowds have got bigger as the seasons gone on.

R1, 53k
R3, 54k
R4, 51k
R7, 50k
R9, 57k
R11, 54k
R14, 51k
R16, 52k

Only the top of the table clash against Richmond round 9 got over 55k, other than that it has been fairly consistent.

Like what hawks have been doing with their membership figures for years

Good joke. But aren't the Tigers offering 3 game memberships?

It also is kinda embarrassing that Tigers membership has grown so much now they are on top of the ladder. What do they call that again?

Won’t tv ratings for the whole season be up after finals if Collingwood, West Coast and Richmond make top 4?

3 highest supporters bases are they not?

Somehow get Adelaide in there for GWS and we should be set.

Looks like those millions of fans have somewhat different tastes in game style to the noisy keyboard warriors on BF.
Listen to the Nickelback fan talkng sense everyone.

Saints v Tigers 36,269.
Pies v Kangas 50,393.
Swans v Suns 32,565. Average so far 39,742. On track.

Thank god for Collingwood keeping the crowds up!

Terrible crowd for st.kilda v Richmond especially with Richmond’s so called 100,000 members.

Pies are now only 14,000 behind Richmond for total attendance’s

Pies held up their end of the deal with over 50,000 today against North.

Even we’re irrelevant, we’re relevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back