Past Daniel Gorringe

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, I asked someone I know who has good contacts at the gold coast about Gorringe.

In summation: Is an amazing athlete. One of the top runners at the club which for his size is something special and is fantastic on the training track.
But apparently has very little game sense.

Hopefully with our new educational policy, he can be taught.

To be fair, I don't think GC have done a whole lot of development with their players on that front.

What should we do if the opposition is playing an extra man at the stoppages?
Give it to Gary.

What if they're tagging Gary?
Give it to Gary anyway.

What if Gary isn't there?
Find him.

OK, well, what about the forward line then? If our key forwards are getting smothered how should we combat that?
Gary will sort it out, just give it to him.

What about on the rebound if Gary is stuck behind the play, who should we be looking for?
Just go back to Gary.

To be fair, I don't think GC have done a whole lot of development with their players on that front.

Give it to Gary.

Give it to Gary anyway.

Find him.

OK, well, what about the forward line then? If our key forwards are getting smothered how should we combat that?

What about on the rebound if Gary is stuck behind the play, who should we be looking for?
Just go back to Gary.
Sounds like our usual game plan against Gold Coast.

Give it to Gary.

Give it to Gary anyway.

Find him.

Just go back to Gary.
So you haven't seen any of the Suns games in the last year and a half then. Fair enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was not expecting this move but am very interested to see how it plays out.

Things did not work out for Gorringe on the Gold Coast but he was a very highly rated junior big man who may turn his career around with a second opportunity. At 23 we've certainly brought him in at the right age given rucks don't generally hit their peak until a few years thereafter.

Regardless of whether it works out or not this is a very low risk move from the outset. We've heard a lot about the lack of depth in this draft so filling that last list spot with a young DFA rather than using a late pick makes a lot of sense.

Not sure if you missed the humour entirely or just decided to ignore it for the sake of being a twit.

Wait, that was meant to be funny? I thought you had actually hacked Bluey's development report :)

Loved your post BB. It reminded me of a meme from a few years ago where it was the Gold Coast Suns playbook. It had a playstation control. Each button was 'kick it to Gaz', 'Handball to Gaz', 'Find Gaz' etc.

Just spent half an hour looking for it. No luck. Free like to anyone who does!

Okay, I asked someone I know who has good contacts at the gold coast about Gorringe.

In summation: Is an amazing athlete. One of the top runners at the club which for his size is something special and is fantastic on the training track.
But apparently has very little game sense.

Hopefully with our new educational policy, he can be taught.
Thanks for the news. Hopefully getting to a club with effectively 2 ruck coaches and an emphasis on development will help this.

Footy IQ can't be taught you either have it or you don't , however with Daniel being very athletic, with good speed and his height half the battle is won.
I reckon our ruck coaches are the real key Josh Fraser especially, smart move from SOS worth a shot we may just get the best out of the lad.

Footy IQ can't be taught you either have it or you don't , however with Daniel being very athletic, with good speed and his height half the battle is won.
I reckon our ruck coaches are the real key Josh Fraser especially, smart move from SOS worth a shot we may just get the best out of the lad.
I hope Fraser isn't the key. If Fraser is the key the lock must be broken.

Saw a fair bit of his footy at Norwood and he was definitely a talent. Not sure what happened at Gold Coast but you can't lose the talent. Has he just been unfortunate for opportunities? Taken the wrong attitude? Thought it would all happen for him without putting in the work? Injuries? Whatever the case, the talent is there so hopefully he is given every chance and he takes it with both hands.

Was not expecting this move but am very interested to see how it plays out.

Things did not work out for Gorringe on the Gold Coast but he was a very highly rated junior big man who may turn his career around with a second opportunity. At 23 we've certainly brought him in at the right age given rucks don't generally hit their peak until a few years thereafter.

Regardless of whether it works out or not this is a very low risk move from the outset. We've heard a lot about the lack of depth in this draft so filling that last list spot with a young DFA rather than using a late pick makes a lot of sense.

i agree that it is a low risk move. There is a realistic chance with these expansion team cast offs , that there was never enough game time to really assess properly all the young talent that they have. One downside to having a team of talented youngsters is this very problem. There are so many youngsters to try out that once someone shows an inch of potential above the others, they pounce on that player at the expense of some of the other developing talent that they have. Gorringe could be one of those players...or he could be a goose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back