Player Watch #37 Kaelan Bradtke

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, not interested in any positional bias, just want to have a look at what he has shown.

Hope, and I assumed he shown a bit and has a bit of upside there which is encouraging, which is hopefully why we gave it to him
Obviously, we wouldn’t sign him if he had no upside lol

Found some footage of him in the Ovens and Murray.
Bradtke is #25 for the Roos.

R6 2022 - Corowa-Rutherglen vs Yarrawonga (5 goals)

GOALS @ 27:20, 42:06, 2:09:10, 2:10:32, 2:12:10

R8 2022 - Corowa-Rutherglen vs Wodonga (3 goals)

GOALS @ 1:03:52, 1:48:08, 2:11:50

R12 2022 - Corowa-Rutherglen vs Wangaratta (4 goals)

GOALS @ 8:35, 1:32:03, 2:09:15, 2:23:23

R15 2022 - Yarrawonga vs Corowa-Rutherglen (3 goals)

GOALS @ 10:38, 23:06, 1:02:15

Last edited:
Found some footage of him in the Ovens and Murray.
Bradtke is #25 for the Roos.

R6 2022 - Corowa-Rutherglen vs Yarrawonga (5 goals)

R8 2022 - Corowa-Rutherglen vs Wodonga (3 goals)

R12 2022 - Corowa-Rutherglen vs Wangaratta (4 goals)

R15 2022 - Yarrawonga vs Corowa-Rutherglen (3 goals)

Holy s**t they full games… gotta be proper nuffie dedicated to watch these

So I went full nuffie and ended up watching a fair bit of those games. I'm now quite excited by this pick.
Kaelan moves extremely well for a big man, takes a strong grab and kicks it between the big sticks more often than not.

If he can translate his O&M form to senior footy he'll be a very handy player.

Last edited:
I do not mind the look of him as a footy prospect from the vision I have seen.

Better prospect than Callum Moore at least. I will write more shortly, just in between activities atm

So just expanding I am obviously just watching the video in the post, and really just watching efforts causing successful goals.

First thing, he can kick straight and has reasonable length which may improve at professional level. So thats a first tick because forwards are there to kick goals.

In terms of a footy body he is not a stick, he is not overweight excessively if at all. In terms of application did his thing on Christmas Day and the club would know if the effort was there or not.

A play he plays like is difficult to say just watching goal scoring efforts because of the sample size. I am not really seeing lowlights and the other thing was there where a few free kicks and he did not take a massive hanger that I saw and the defenders he was on at times where a little loose to put it mildy.

He has some speed and also was a bowler apparently in terms of the fast twitches. He is not Buddy Franklin but he did take a good mark off the ground if indeed it was legal as indicated by the umpire at the time and he showed a nice enough snap upright on his right foot(dominant side).

Looks like more of a lead up player at this stage possibly deeper but with his length of kick could go to half forward or possibly elsewhere. He looks happy kicking goals so fits the goal kicker mould but I am only watching the goals he kicked not his misses although I seen a few misses.

He is raw, it is O&M but there is something to work with. In particular what is he like body to body with a defender? Saw a little bit but not enough due to sample size I saw. He is uprightish, how is his balance in the contest?? Can JR pass a few tricks on him? I saw him leap but not sure what sort of leap he has. If he can play a little like JR we have a real player but I am not saying he can, I simply have not seen enough.

There is a palate to work with, I would have picked him ahead of Narkle and it looks like the Teal fellow was not in the last two, so it will be interesting to see how he develops and I hope he does well

Last edited:
I’ll go on basis of Peter Germans comments alone that he has the raw talent to make it at the level , will take time to develop the smarts , clearly club can see he’s material to work with , first step is afl fit to me , lump of a kid , hit the gym and track , can’t wait to see what he does at VFL in short term

Remove this Banner Ad

Back