Number
Height 184cm
Weight 81Kg
DOB 11/3/1997
Debut Yet to debut

Draft history:
2015 AFL Draft Pick 57

Last edited:
* me. No-one had ever posted in the Kurt Mutimer thread? You people are ******* horrible.
Kurt's ok though. He's always had a 'close' friend to depend on:

Kurt_and_Ernie.jpg

Mutimer named as an emergency and might be a chance to debut if there's a late change.

If he does he'll be the 233rd Eagles player, and another from the Dandenong Stingrays footy factory which has been a fairly fertile hunting ground for us as far as the TAC Cup sides go - joining Morrison, Williams, Smith, Lamb, Johnson, and probably some others I've forgotten.

He'll also be the 7th player to appear in the #38 (following Newman, Bones, Haynes, Braun, Symmons and Barich) and the first Kurt.

In terms of the pecking order of the youngsters potentially breaking into the side, Mutimer seems to be up there with Cole and Duggan.

Glad I chose him over Snadden for sponsorship.

Mutimer named as an emergency and might be a chance to debut if there's a late change.

If he does he'll be the 233rd Eagles player, and another from the Dandenong Stingrays footy factory which has been a fairly fertile hunting ground for us as far as the TAC Cup sides go - joining Morrison, Williams, Smith, Lamb, Johnson, and probably some others I've forgotten.

He'll also be the 7th player to appear in the #38 (following Newman, Bones, Haynes, Braun, Symmons and Barich) and the first Kurt.

No one else has debuted in the interim so all the above is still true.

Congrats to Mutes on his upcoming Derby debut.

Also I assume his nickname is Mutes. It is now.

Well, well well...
*Runs finger along the mantle piece and inspects the dust with slight disdain*

First a recap of Kurt's 2017 campaign:

Kurt started the season brightly in the East Perth Seniors midfield. A solid block of 5 games with 20+ possessions, averaging 5.6 tackles per game and an indication that he could hit the scoreboard was enough to earn Kurt a call up to the seniors for his first taste of AFL level.

Kurt started his career in a way that would have made many a Big Footy poster jealous - slamming the leather into the back of Gaffy's head avishka5 He struggled to get involved but showed early glimpses of potential under the nerves with 40% contested possession and a clearance to his name. 4 tackles would have pleased the coaching staff as Kurt worked defensively despite his nervous start.

Kurt played the following 3 games and managed double figure possessions throughout, getting involved in scoring chains and showing good signs in terms of running to dangerous spots. A few very short spells around stoppages showed Kurt had the size and intent to have an impact winning a career high 3 clearances in his final appearance - a kerb stomping of the side by Essendon.

Defensive running was exposed as a weakness with Kurt often looking puffed and struggling to apply adequate pressure when the game opened up. As with many of our recent recruits Kurt also let himself down with failure to convert on goal as well as would have been hoped. A little more reward for effort is just the thing to get the confidence flowing in these younger players.

Kurt celebrates his first (and only AFL Goal):

fd59b028e78dec522d99a527c9eb65c3.png

The boys get around him:

large_oL5MOJxITFIP4eFhn3R6.jpg

(He's in there somewhere!)

After a solid taste of the AFL Kurt returned to East Perth for the balance of the year for mixed results. Tackling remained a highlight of his efforts but his ability to get involved waxed and waned from a career high 32 touches to a career low of 9 disposals. As the season drew to it's conclusion Kurt tailed away as many youngsters do in their first real crack at a season against seasoned opposition.

Where to Next:

A big pre-season on the track looms for Kurt in his efforts to get more opportunities at AFL level. One of our few youngsters who appears to bulk easily Kurt needs a running focused program to build his endurance for the modern requirements of the HFF to push up the ground and apply defensive pressure on transition. Working on his hands around the stoppages will also be a key for Kurt, he can lay hands on the footy so the ability to hit a target under pressure or to use his strength to stand in the tackle to find an outlet will add a key dimension to Kurt's play.

Development wise East Perth need to continue to play Kurt in the midfield as much as possible with stints on the HHF as that will be his most likely position in his early AFL career. In terms of who Kurt should be modelling his game on I think he should be looking into the Swans camp at Tom Papley. Tom Papley showed a big leap in his aerobic capacity in 2017 and it really paid off with a consistency of form that eluded him in 2016.

All the best for 2018 Kurt! Let's hope you have a good run with injury and all your hard work pays off with another solid block of AFL games. I will be expecting to see you out there around round 5 or 6 again after a strong start at East Perth!

I made an ambiguous, vaguely homo-erotic comment and linked you to it for some low brow lols.

...Even Shakespeare made sure to appeal to the "rabble"

You're welcome.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30931-1415878040-4.gif

Whats with everyone taking pot shots at me today.

Atleast you didn't say you ****ed my mum like that campaigner dark sharks.

Well...the season is past halfway done and Mutes hasn't even made the emergencies for a few months.

Stifled in a back pocket at East Perth all season, it appears the club has stamped Kurt's papers. Kurt's saving grace is he still has 2019 up his sleeve as contracted. Enjoy the cash fella because its looking grim.

Really disappointing from the club. A young player appears to be putting in the hard yards and then gets played out of position for 3 months. Not sure how anyone is supposed to work toward a call up in those circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was the standby emergency against Richmond in round 9, that's the only time he's been in the squad all year.

Like Partington, appears to have had his papers stamped this year despite showing a bit in his handful of games last year. But unlike Parto he's got a contract for next year, as you say.

WAFL
Round 1
West Coast Eagles vs Perth

16 kicks, 3 handballs, 19 disposals, 2 marks, 1 tackle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back