Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - has signed a 4 year contract extension to the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll eat some humble pie
I don't think you are alone. I was not quite sold on him either. Seems to have stepped out of Todd's shadow and i have been impressed with what I have seen so far. He was excellent today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute monster game.

I haven’t seen anyone man handle Briggs like that in the last 12 months, he gave him an absolute hiding.

He just got hold of him mid way through the game and started abusing him getting clearances at will.

Humble pie being eaten tonight.
X got smashed by Briggs in the first quarter, letting him grab the ball straight from the centre, but then started attacking the ball and stopped worrying about the man so much. Got good height on his jump and directed some really nice taps. Confidence grew from there and by the end of the match he was throwing Briggs and Tom Green to the ground and taking towering marks.

Great game and on several occasions Clarko would have been smirking as he took the opportunity to legally bury an opponent. If he keeps that kind of level, snags the odd goal / mark and continues to threaten players physically it will make it a lot easier for a younger midfield. Great start to the year, he looks primed to go from may be to a core player which is a massive result. Thinking back to St Kilda offering a packet of twisties and the bullet dodged...

Definately his best game so far...maybe it the helmet. He did say to me at Fan Day that he was concious about getting to many head knocks in a game and having that helmet on gives him more confidence...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back