Delisted #40: Dean Dick

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 40. Dean Dick

Didn`t know he was that bloody tall !! Did some reasonable things v the bullants.

He looks to have some potential as a defender. He seems to read the flight of the ball well and also seems to have a good spoil.

40. Dean Dick

Soft. Lacks any real physical presence and comes across being way to cruisey. Yes I know he just returned from a shoulder injury. His game against the Bullants was shocking. Not enough intensity when he chased, tackled, bumped or attempted to spoil.

Is more laid back then Paddy and that's saying something.

:thumbsdown:

I hope he continues to work hard on the track and can really lift his intensity levels. Has the class about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upside is huge, still needs to improve his work ethic though.

Loved that he had the nuts to put on the afterburners and take on the saints player in the last quarter. On talent alone he should be good enough to get promoted, the question is though does he want it bad enough?

Loved that he had the nuts to put on the afterburners and take on the saints player in the last quarter. On talent alone he should be good enough to get promoted, the question is though does he want it bad enough?

Didn't his Father quit due to a lack of passion? Liked the mark he took on the siren at half team

:confused:

Are you crazy?

He is probably the worst footballer to ever wear the Essendon jumper.

He was nuts to try and run around an opponent when he had better options. No awareness or footy smarts.

Poor skills, poor footy brain, no ticker and he can play 100 years and he'll barely be VFL standard.

Are you crazy?

He was nuts to try and run around an opponent when he had better options. No awareness or footy smarts.

Poor skills, poor footy brain, no ticker and he can play 100 years and he'll barely be VFL standard.

You really don't like the rookies, do you Kelvin?

My opinion of Dean Dick is that he's got a long way to go. He's certainly got the flair, he just doesn't have the basics to play consistent AFL football at the moment.

Who knows if he ever will develop the basics, but if he could he may end up a very handy player.

We shouldn't be banking on him making it, but we should recognise what he could bring to the table.

Are you crazy?

Well i am responding to another one of your quality posts so yes, most likely i am nuts.

really? the worst? Not bad for a 19 year old in his second year.

It's called taking a risk, when an opposition is playing you tight it helps to break up the play every now and then. What a boring game it would be if these blokes never backed their abilities.

I stopped reading after poor skills, you've obviously never watched the kid if you believe that. He lacks a proper work ethic at the minute but that can be taught, talent can't.

He's not a tall defender whatsoever.

Should be playing off half back, but I'd question his commitment to work back in that attacking role.

Great natural talent, just doesn't have the mind frame to use it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back