Past #17: Aaron Mullett - 85 NM games/31 goals - ‘11 Rookie Draft - Fish —> Carlton as DFA Nov’17

Remove this Banner Ad

OK so l know it's early days yet but over the last 2 weeks Mullett seems to be slower than last year and after watching him closely yesterday he seems to be running out of breath when chasing someone ,and not going close to carching them. The fish seems to be a beached walrus.... :confused:

Your right it's only weeks in he will get better, and so will the rest that at the moment look under done.

Didn't think he was too bad especially considering a limited preseason. Atley's form is the bigger concern for me, he doesn't have an excuse.

He's been disappointing but their are reasons for that which have been mentioned in this thread, he'll come good. There are many others we all should be concerned about .

Wow, What a fall from grace it has been for this guy. Know he was injured but he has looked horrible.

His work rate just isn't there at all. Must be huge behind the scene problems i think.

To put it in perspective as a defender in his last 7 games has laid 6 tackles total. Thats a terrible stat.

Did he just get way ahead of himself???

Wow, What a fall from grace it has been for this guy. Know he was injured but he has looked horrible.

His work rate just isn't there at all. Must be huge behind the scene problems i think.

To put it in perspective as a defender in his last 7 games has laid 6 tackles total. Thats a terrible stat.

Must have got ahead of himself, coupled with the lack of preseason.
Next year will be huge for him. If he fails to get back to basics, he will be in trouble.

its amazing how many players who have had limited preparation struggle for majority of the season. I hope he can turn around his form in the vfl because we need him up and running for the seniors. Maybe needs to get back to the basics, just defend dont worry about running off your man as they will come later once he gets his confidents back.

How many blokes are coming off no/interrupted preseasons exactly? Half the squad looks underdone or needing to be managed.
There was a worrying stat during and after the Utah trip, with half the list (if not more) on modified preseason programs.

its amazing how many players who have had limited preparation struggle for majority of the season. I hope he can turn around his form in the vfl because we need him up and running for the seniors. Maybe needs to get back to the basics, just defend dont worry about running off your man as they will come later once he gets his confidents back.
With Macmillan coming back (hopefully) and him, Wright, Atley McDonald and potentially Firrrito taking the small/medium defending roles Mullett might be better off playing further up the field. This year at least he is the worst defender of that crop by a mile. Could also be a good sub option come finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say it again.. do we have our own messiah issues?

Hawthorn worshipped Bodan Babijczuk before looking a little closer at the hard results.

Questioning the medical team. That's a paddlin'.

I heard on the radio yesterday that we are the 2rd worst side at winning a one on one contest. Mullet is a classic example of this, his defensives efforts have been poor.
Side note Fremantle were rated 3rd worst but they avoid the one on one.. so it’s not so costly
Strange - wouldn't the one on one contests constitute the contested ball? Surely we aren't second last in contested ball.

With Macmillan coming back (hopefully) and him, Wright, Atley McDonald and potentially Firrrito taking the small/medium defending roles Mullett might be better off playing further up the field. This year at least he is the worst defender of that crop by a mile. Could also be a good sub option come finals.

Agree with this. I don't think that Mullett is a good defender at all especially in marking contests. I think we should utilise his excellent kicking skills up the ground to deliver into our forwards and kick more goals himself. How do people think he would go as a half forward?

Will be traded to Collingwood. The ink on the arm was the beginning of the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the year we poor long-suffering supporters/members have had, I've become a lot more businesslike about blokes who used to be untouchables. He's had 20 weeks to get himself right and the excuses mean nothing to me anymore.

If we think we could trade him for a second round pick or swap him for someone with outside pace and skills on both sides of his body we should go for it.

Only Boomer and Wellsy remain on what used to be my long list of untouchables.

After the year we poor long-suffering supporters/members have had, I've become a lot more businesslike about blokes who used to be untouchables. He's had 20 weeks to get himself right and the excuses mean nothing to me anymore.

If we think we could trade him for a second round pick or swap him for someone with outside pace and skills on both sides of his body we should go for it.

Can see where you're coming from but don't agree on this bloke.

Had limited preparation for the season and is one of very few on the list with pace, skill and ability to hurt the opposition.

There's a lot of North Melbourne players currently underperforming or playing with poor application, he's just another one of them.

Can see where you're coming from but don't agree on this bloke.

Had limited preparation for the season and is one of very few on the list with pace, skill and ability to hurt the opposition.

There's a lot of North Melbourne players currently underperforming or playing with poor application, he's just another one of them.

We might actually get something good for him, whereas with some of the other underperformers we'd get nothing.

Lukey Mac's an untouchable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back