Past #15: Daniel Howe - #31 in '14 ND to HFC - delisted end '22 - #33 in '23 RD to NM -retires from AFL & NM end '23 - 107 AFL games / 11 NM games

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant recall. Last time I remember him coming on as sub was Freo and hes cost us 4 goals and nearly the game lol

Actually, the Sydney game was practically a mirror image of the Freo game. Opposition scored last three goals. Both with freak, controversial finishes. We got lucky against Freo. Payback against the Swans, I suppose. Ironically, against Freo, Howe came on and got lots of disposals but, in the end, it was his clearance that got us over the line - luckily. This time, he came on, got loads of disposals, error-free and we lost. Footy Gods.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think his impact was noticable because Drury was so bad.
Nah, Ive been pretty critical of Howe's kicking to "disadvantage" but credit where credit's due, had a good game on the weekend. Like the way he linked up with Shiel on multiple occasions. Maybe just finding his way a bit and playing around Shiel gave him a bit more confidence.

He has been diabolical today. Responsible for 4 collingwood goals at least. He may as well pull on the pies jumper at 3 quarter time. Wouldnt be fussed if he is delisted on the spot.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watched him closely last night. He gets himself in the right positions and is always working up and down the ground.
Whilst he had some decent passes, he just torches it too many times and in critical positions of the ground.

If you cut out footage seconds after he posses the ball, you would think this guy is an absolute star. But he is a liability.

I would love to know how many goals are caused from a results in him turning over the football in that passage of play.
It would be very high...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched him closely last night. He gets himself in the right positions and is always working up and down the ground.
Whilst he had some decent passes, he just torches it too many times and in critical positions of the ground.

If you cut out footage seconds after he posses the ball, you would think this guy is an absolute star. But he is a liability.

I would love to know how many goals are caused from a results in him turning over the football in that passage of play.
It would be very high...

1) Bergman
2) Logue
3) Ziebell
4) Howe (bs call to be fair)
5) Howe
6) Ziebell
7) Howe
8) Ziebell

He and Jack were directly responsible for 6 goals from turnover. I guess it’s the question of who has more credits in the bank and Howe is judged harshly because he has minimal credits compared to Jack.

1) Bergman
2) Logue
3) Ziebell
5) Howe
6) Ziebell
7) Howe
8) Ziebell

He and Jack were directly responsible for 6 goals from turnover. I guess it’s the question of who has more credits in the bank and Howe is judged harshly because he has minimal credits compared to Jack.

Howe's errors were at least blocked passes in congestion in that clip.

His block was weird though.

1) Bergman
2) Logue
3) Ziebell
5) Howe
6) Ziebell
7) Howe
8) Ziebell

Good post, and on the positive side, shows how much better we'll be when we tidy up

In saying that, some of these turnovers are worse than others. Not trying to exonerate anyone, or on the other side, torch a bloke, but mistakes under pressure are one thing, and poor decisions are another.

Logue's handball happened right in front of me, and what you don't see in the footage is that he had a bloke free on the outside, and he tried to thread the needle on the inside instead.

Might have been a lack of communication, might have been trying too hard to make the winning play, but the Pies would have flicked it to the runner on the boundary line and taken the metres.

1) Bergman
2) Logue
3) Ziebell
5) Howe
6) Ziebell
7) Howe
8) Ziebell

that JZ turnover @0.34 whilst a pretty crap kick was more crap the pathetic effort Laz put in the make it, flat footed rather than tracking the kick. couldnt even halve the contest.

1) Bergman
2) Logue
3) Ziebell
5) Howe
6) Ziebell
7) Howe
8) Ziebell

Great footage - thanks for that.
Would be good to see footage over a season and that would provide a more accurate picture. I think Howe is judge more harshly because its a consistent theme.

PS - #4 block. Can't take your eyes of the ball. In saying that, there have been many times where opposition takes their eyes of the ball and cannon in Larkey but he doesn't get a free..

that JZ turnover @0.34 whilst a pretty crap kick was more crap the pathetic effort Laz put in the make it, flat footed rather than tracking the kick. couldnt even halve the contest.
Nah I remember that kick and it shat me. He wrong footed Lazz instead of kicking it to his advantage. Its like his attention was taken with Daicos and cos he was focused on that he kicked toward him instead of putting to Lazz's advantage and the safe spot a metre in from the boundary. Lazz is stepping slowly to the boundary, holding his spot to give JZ a spot on his outside to kick to. He did the right thing.

Hearing good things about his work ethic at the club and seems to have strung a few good VFL games together. Any track watchers here have much hope for his future?
Wasnt it a 4 time Premiership coach that wanted him at the club. Maybe he knows a bit more than a few BF posters.

Hearing good things about his work ethic at the club and seems to have strung a few good VFL games together. Any track watchers here have much hope for his future?
From what i saw yesterday (about a half) he played a great game. Hit some really nice passes. Well above the level ive seen of him before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back