lutts

Senior List
Oct 5, 2004
Launceston
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
St. Pats Old Boys
Interested in the progress of Jordon. Named as an emergency this week, is there any chance he will go past Tim and become #1 ruck or will he only ever be the backup ruck.

I think he'll be more of a second ruck coming off the bench. I like his tough play style but he'd need to get more of a tank on him.

Wonder if we can train him as a full back?
Problem is that we already have a full back who can ruck (Trengove), but Bevo won't even consider him when it comes to team selection. It's frustrating, but it's basically a thing now where we don't respect the Full Back or Ruck positions. Every tall needs to be a swingman, and every ruck needs to be an extra midfielder, at the expense of hitouts. I can't see us having any sustained success using the current model. Jordon looks promising, but he doesn't even get a chance. I honestly don't see why we even drafted him if we don't respect his position in the first place

Problem is that we already have a full back who can ruck (Trengove), but Bevo won't even consider him when it comes to team selection. It's frustrating, but it's basically a thing now where we don't respect the Full Back or Ruck positions. Every tall needs to be a swingman, and every ruck needs to be an extra midfielder, at the expense of hitouts. I can't see us having any sustained success using the current model. Jordon looks promising, but he doesn't even get a chance. I honestly don't see why we even drafted him if we don't respect his position in the first place

Absolutely correct on all counts. We needed a crash and bash big man in lots of games. The Brick is unfashionable but he has a real crack. Sweet never got a sniff. Why recruit him then? Why didn’t Young get a game? English was thrown to the wolves with no support.
Now we are seeing how the players really felt having to ruck & stuffing their year. Exit Dunkley, a great kid who had an all Australian year in 2019.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think he'll be on the list next year, seeing what happened with Lachie Young.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back